Give Me A Reason To Believe

Finding Heaven Where You Least Expect

Baylie's P.O.V.

I was frozen. Yelling at my feet to move but they wouldn't. He quickly grabbed his striped messenger bag, and started to stand, never taking his eyes off me.
I ran. Straight up the steps. Straight through the doors.
What the hell just happened??

Well, maybe it wasn't even ME he was looking at. Yeah that was it. It wasn't me he was looking at. Or chasing.
Oh God.

All these thoughts were fiercely flashing through my mind as I was weaving my way in between demon-eyed teenagers. I'm not sure where the hell my locker is at this point, but I wasn't gunna try and stop to find it.
I just.. I just wanna get as far away as possible from that boy.
And his beautiful, beautiful eyes.

A tall blonde chick with ten tons of pink makeup on slammed into me, and I realized she wasn't wearing underwear, and she walked away with her group of barbie dolls taunting,"Freak." right after me.

My body was still turned around, watching them prance away, and the boy's face formed in my mind again.

I sighed, and decided I was probably never going to see him again.

I spun around and--BAM.
There he was.
So close to me that our noses were touching.
Gorgeous hazel-brown eyes staring nervously into mine.
Whoa.

I guess what happened next, was I made kind of a squeaking yelp-ish noise, and tried to back up. But I stepped on my stupid shoelace and smacked my head on an open locker door. Yep. Nice first impression smart one. Now I'm laying flat on my back, hoping this is all just some crazy dream. Hoping my whole life was just a crazy dream. But no.
I slowly opened my eyes, and the next thing I know, the boy is flat on his knees leaning over me. He had the cute-scared thing going on in his eyes.

"Oh! Oh, God. I'm so sorry....I'm so.."

His voice was like the angel I never had. It gave me some kind of fluttery feeling inside.
Now his pale cheeks filled with blood as he gazed at me completely blushing. He's so amazing.

"I'm sorry. I.. I didn't mean to.." He blushed even more, and then a teeny smile began to cross his lips. He nervously stuck out his hand. I stared.
Wow. I must look like a jerk.
I still stared. His eyes.
They made a small glitter. They looked so innocent.
I could trust them.

I slowly lifted my hand, but I could feel it shaking the whole way. Right when our fingers touched, a small smile began to spread my face. The boy took my hand, and a look of relief spread his face.
He didn't think he could do it.
I didn't think I could do it.
We just stared at each other, me on the ground, the boy holding me by the hand.

Finally, he realized what he was doing, and said, " Oh! Uh.. here."
He lifted me up slowly, but as he did, it felt strange. As if I was floating or something. What's wrong with me??

When he pulled me up, he didn't let go of my hand. Our eyes locked. My heart was pumping up a storm by now. His cheeks looked like they were on fire.
We snapped back.

I broke our stare by looking down nervously at my bag.

"Oh! um... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to...Wow. I'm sorry."
His cheeks literally WERE on fire by now, and I couldn't help but smile. A big smile.
He was so cute when he was scared. But i knew my smile made him feel better, because another look of relief spread his face.
He was smiling too.

"Hi." he said, nervousness coming back.
Here I go. I'm going to actually speak to him.

"Hi." I smiled softly and felt myself start to blush. Nervousness went away.
But then he blushed even more and giggled.
His giggle was so adorable it made me giggle to.
Our eyes locked again.

"My name is Gerard."

Now i felt like my heart had completely stopped.. Gerard

"Gerard." I said it slowly, like I was trying to make sure it was real.

"Gerard. I'm Baylie." I was hypnotized as I said this. Wow. It was liked out eyes were hooked to each other's.

All of a sudden the bell rang and it made me jump back what seemed like 10 feet. I quickly began to look through my bag for my schedule, and roughly pulled the crumpled paper out.
I thought he would walk away now.
But he didn't.

"Well, um. Bye." I said this and then started to turn around. He jumped quickly and grabbed me by the arm.

"Wait." He stared directly into my eyes. Scary.

"Can I.. would you like.. you want me to walk you to class?!" He kind of yelled it when he said it. I jumped, and he was still holding me by the arm. He suddenly let go, starting to blush again. "Sorry."

My heart was beating fast. Damnit.

"Uh..I...sure. Yea. I... I would like that."
Again I say: Damnit.
I must have just sounded like an idiot. Oh God. At that moment the biggest smile I had ever seen spread across Gerard's face.

"Wow. I mean--thanks."
Why was he saying thanks?? HeHe.
He was such a cute dork.
I smiled too.
A big smile.
As Gerard and I started to walk, (he wouldn't stop smiling)
I though: Whoa. Today someone talked to me.
Damn.