Give Me A Reason To Believe

Awkward Love With Mr. Faggie

Gerard's P.O.V.

I actually talked to her. Baylie. Well I didn't really even say anything, mostly sounded like a jackass, but i still spoke words.. God.
I've been wanting to know her name since I saw her move in across the street two days ago. It's a perfect name. Baylie.
But the weird thing is that she actually talked to ME. Me the freak Gerard Way. She let me walk her to class, after I pretty much yelled at her. Damn I'm an idiot.

And now I'm walking by her side with the most idiotic smile ever on my face, staring at her. Just at her. She looked at me and gave me a shy smile. God damn the world, she's gorgeous. And her eyes. Bright green. Like darts, but she was hiding something in them. Every glance I got of them, I always saw some sort of sadness,and hurt. But they were soft and scared. But when she looked right at me, it was different. I felt like she could trust me.
I was still staring at her when I ran headfirst into the wall next to my 1st period class.
Clumsy idiot.

Ow. "Oh God... Gerard are you..are you okay?" She was blushing and trying not to laugh. So cute.

I giggled again, and she smiled and looked down. I snapped back to focus and opened the classroom door.

"Well, Mr. Way, I'm surprised you actually showed to class today."

Mr. Maggie, the meanest fucking teacher in the whole high school. I called him Mr. Faggie, because he was actually gay, but so tough no one would know it. He's been out to get me ever since I caught him and his boyfriend making out behind the school a year ago. Ha.

"Well it looks like you have brought in a twin sister today." The class laughed and I gave the Faggie a glare. He smirked.

Idiot. God do I want a unicorn to just stab him!
"Well are you just going to stand there? Sit down circus twins!"
The demons laughed again.
I looked back at Baylie. I felt so horrible that she had to experience the torture. But when she looked back at me, she gave me a weak smile.
She was used to this.

We moved to the back of the room and Baylie sat in the seat in front of me.
"Psst. Circus freak #1."

It was Tony. Typical stuck-the-fuck-up jock.
I glared at him.

"If your gunna bring in a freaky girlfriend, you might wanna make sure shes a girl first.
He winked and then he and his friends started snickering. I sighed

I wasn't going to fight it today. And..I didn't want Baylie to see me get beat up..
She looked back at me.
God her eyes.
She smiled, and I smiled back. Mr. Faggie started talking.
My mind drifted away.
All I could do was sit and stare at Baylie's beautiful straight black hair., and think about her eyes.

What the hell was I thinking? She wold never like me....
But I wanted to hold her. No. I wanted to talk to her. Get to know who she is. Talk to her about things I could never talk to anyone else about before.
My thoughts were interrupted by the loud shriek of the school bell. Baylie and I stood up and walked towards the door.
She stopped and turned to me. Then she smiled.
Damnit.

Baylie's P.O.V.

Wow.
My first four periods were all with Gerard. He never left my side. Which was weird, but I liked it.
In a couple..ALL.. of our classes, jocks would pass, calling him a freak or saying things like:
"Where's your pack of vampires Gothy? Did they finally fly to the land of the rejects?"
Or they would say something including me like:
"Looks like the leader of the Black Parade got a new girlfriend. That is, if it's a girl!"

They would just walk away laughing.
Jackasses.
But I didn't care.

Gerard would just keep staring at me and tell me:
"It's OK, just ignore them. After a while you kinda get used to it."

Then he would give me that scared smile.
I wanted to tell him not to be so scared..that he could talk to me, but my mouth would never wanna open.
It didn't matter. I felt safe just being around him, and I still thought that it was amazing enough that someone actually talked to me.

Damn I'm pathetic.

The only thing is, I wish I could say more to him. I wish we weren't so shy. I wanna talk to him about things, but I can't find a way to. All I know is I've never felt that I could trust someone so much by just standing next to them.

Now it was lunch.
Gerard was staring at me as we walked.
That was the only weird thing.
He stared at me a lot. A LOT.
But hey, I never said I didn't like it.
I started back at him and our eyes locked again.
It was almost as if we didn't need to speak.
Like we could talk through our eyes. Heal each other.

Wait. He has friends. And it's lunch.
I stop right in front of the cafeteria doors.