Give Me A Reason To Believe

Flying Eggs and Sold Souls

Gerard's P.O.V.

Wait.
She stopped walking. Was I staring at her again? Aw damnit Gerard. Pull yourself together.

"Umm. Thanks Gerard. I mean it. Thanks a lot." She was blushing and it made her seem even more beautiful.
Oh. Wait a second. She's leaving?

"Why are you thanking me? All I did was stand and stare at you."
Oh Shit. I just said that out loud. Shit.

Baylie immediately cracked up and I immediately turned red.
"Oh!..uh... I didn't mean it like..."

"No, No! It's, it's OK. That was kinda... kinda sweet...strangely.
Her cheeks were rosy pink, and she looked so damn cute. I couldn't help it.

I started to laugh. Well I don't even laugh. I giggle. It's gay and I hate it, but I didn't care anymore when I looked up and saw a huge grin spread her pale lips.

Our eyes locked again. God, I love her eyes. It seemed an eternity before someone spoke.
"Um...Don't you wanna go sit with your friends?" She said this with a sad tone in her voice.

Wait. I had to ask her now. Make her stay. But what would I say?
"Hey, don't you...I mean do you wanna..." I was blushing.

She was smiling.
Come on Gerard, finish your sentence.
" Your gunna sit with me right?" My heart was beating fast. She was gunna say no.

"Seriously?.....Your friends...Are you sure they wouldn't mind having a dorky idiot at their table?"

Whoa.
"First, your the most awesome dorky idiot I've ever met. Second, my friends are the biggest idiots in the world.. so you should fit in just fine.!" I was grinning like an idiot.

"Sounds like my kinda people." She smiled again. I got that fluttery feeling in my gut.
Wait,
She said yes.
Oh, hell I'm good!

Baylie's P.O.V.

This day is going pretty damn well for my idiotic and depressing lifestyle. Ha. I mean, someone...Gerard...actually wants me to sit with him. And his friends.
Friends. Oh God damnit.
I'm scared.
What would they be like? What would they think of me?
I mean, Gerard said that I would fit in but......oh hell.
I trust him.

"Right this way my fellow idiot." Gerard used this cheesy 'gentleman' voice.
Dork.

"Thanks Mr. Moron." Sarcastic. A language I wasn't used to using.
He was laughing.
I think I was actually starting to feel good around him. Our eyes met for the millionth time today. I was just about to say something.
-----
An egg smacked against the back of Gerard's head.

"Oh shit!" I said it too loud.

Gerard looked up at me. He was laughing again. Hysterically. What the hell was he doing?

I suddenly realized.
Smart SOB.

I started laughing too. When the pack of jocks came over to do their routine taunting, we just smiled and laughed.
They were pissed that we weren't pissed.
I was confused. I would have never thought to do something like that. Impressive.
Ha.
The jocks frowned and walked away, and Gerard turned to me. Egg head and all.

"Man we're good." We high-fived.
My heart skipped when our hands met.

"But still..you should be pissed at people like that."
I was confused still.

"Oh, hell yes I'm pissed. I've been pissed at people like that for my whole life."
Me too.

"I know! I mean... if people weren't such ass wholes and started to judge you before you really knew them, maybe....maybe...."

"Maybe they would see we're human too, and we're not as bad as we seem."

He finished my sentence.
With the words from my mind. My mouth. My heart.
"Gerard."
I stared. My mouth wouldn't move.

" I.. I feel the same.. the EXACT same way.... I've,,,I've never thought anyone else would...or could."
Gerard stared.

"I...Really?....I...I haven't heard...I never thought anyone would either.....Um Baylie.. this is gunna sound cheesy 'n shit but..."
Tell me.

"You can tell me. We're both cheesy idiots remember?"

"..I'm really glad I met you."
He was blushing. Madly.
My heart was beating. Fast again. Damnit.

"Gerard, I'm...I'm glad I met you too. Really beyond belief glad."
We were staring again.

"Oh, uh.. so do you wanna meet my losers?"
Smile.
Finally.