Drifted

All These Stars

I screamed for cleansing, but you didn't hear me. I let the water burn my skin, or freeze my veins, but I never felt clean. Over and over again, I stared at the stars around my head, falling away into my other world. You didn't understand that, for you always broke my trance..

"LACEY? Heeeeeelloooooo? Earth to Lacey!?!?"

"Ugh, God, what?"

You laugh uneasily. "You seemed to be on another planet, so I just..."

"No, no, no. Hush." I mumble, "Maybe I wanted to be there..."

"Did you say something, Lace?" I watch your head slowly tip to the side as you contemplate.

"Oh, no, no. I didn't."

I didn't even know what he was doing here, anymore. I sectioned my eyes on a certain square of tile, thinking about nothing at all. It wasn't long before my head started shoving stars into my eyes and teasing my thoughts with stardust and wishes. God, I wished I could get rid of you. When I thought of you, the stars frowned and the stardust was only cheap glitter. You told me I made your dreams come true, but you didn't get me. You thought so logically, and I was so emotional. You don't know who is making your dreams come true, do you?

"Lace, what is up with you today? You're just in and out!"

All I could do was simply stare at you. I wanted to shake you, and make you understand. Over and over! LISTEN TO ME. The stars are disappearing...

"Lacey? Are you okay? Lacey...? You're eyes, I could've sworn they just faded! Lacey...!"

What was happening to me? My breathing was getting shorter, and I felt dizzy, as if I was sick with the flu.

"Lace? Lacey? Listen to me? Lacey!"

I think you just left. Finally, you left. "LEAVE ME ALONE..." My stars...they never came back.

Neither did my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll continue if anyone thinks its worth continuing. Just a note, I really am more of a poetry person. xD