Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

The Attic

“Alright! Now that everyone is down here, let’s show you the attic!” said Jimmy, jumping off the couch and running up the stairs. They all followed him to the attic. Jimmy was standing in front of the door, a hand on the doorknob.

“Ready?” he asked. He didn’t let them time to answer, he opened the door. Ellie and Adeline looked at each others, a look of disbelief on their faces. The attic, which was previously full of old broken objects and dust, was completely clean and there was mattresses everywhere, as well as pillows and covers. There was a mini-fridge in the corner of the room and they managed to put a TV and a DVD player. They also brought up a couch.

“Damn! That’s fucking great!” said Ellie as she hugged both Jimmy and Zacky. “You guys did an awesome job!”

Adeline highfived Jimmy and Zacky, “You rule!”

Jimmy was completely ecstatic, “I even brought our bags up there, I put them in the corner. And the mini fridge is full of booze and sodas.” He said, smiling widely.

“Alright, now the question is: What are you going to watch?” asked Matt as he sat down, his back rested against the couch. Ellie rested her back against Matt. He wrapped his arms around her and looked at the guys. “Could you bring something to eat?” he asked. Adeline was the first one to react.

“I will!” she quickly said, letting go of Brian’s hand and making her way out of the attic. “Do you need help?” asked Brian, ready to follow her.

“I am a big girl!” she said from the bottom of the stairs as she was already reaching the first floor. Brian shrugged and sat down on the couch, next to Johnny. Zacky and Jimmy decided to sit on the ‘covered by mattresses’ floor. Adeline came back a few minutes later holding a bowl of popcorns and several pizzas. She put the pizzas down but kept the bowl of popcorns. She sat on the couch, between Johnny and Brian.

“Now that everyone’s settled, which movie are we watching?” asked Brian, wrapping his arm around Adeline’s shoulder. She shuddered a little and glance at Johnny.

“How about ‘Freddy vs. Jason?” suggested Matt. Zacky got up and put the DVD on, then he switched off the lights and sat back on the padding floor. Ellie fell asleep halfway through the movie. Adeline wasn’t even watching the movie, she was looking at Johnny.

Since it was Friday, the boys decided to watch an other movie: ‘Silent Hill’. Adeline realised that Johnny was ignoring her so she gave up and decided to watch the movie. At the moment when the ‘children’ appeared on the screen, she screamed and hid behind a pillow. Ellie woke up abruptly while the others all looked at Adeline weirdly. They weren’t expecting her to scream in the middle of the movie.

“What!” she snapped when she finally lift her head from the pillow and saw them glaring at her, “I had completely forgotten that scene!” They shook their heads and focused their attention back on the movie. Adeline sighed and got up.

“I’m going to sleep. Good night.” She said as she got up and made her way to her room. She made sure to lock the door behind her. She got in her PJs and got under the covers. She listened to Green Day, hoping she would fall asleep soon. But she didn’t sleep at all that night.

**

At the end of the movie, everyone stirred and rubbed their eyes. Zacky switched the lights on and switched off the TV and DVD player.

“Good night everyone!” said Ellie as she got up and held out her hand to help Matt getting up. They both left the attic.

“Hey! I thought we were all going to sleep together here!” said Jimmy, pouting.

“Sorry, but I’d rather sleep in my bed tonight. Night!” replied Ellie, closing the door behind her. Brian got up from the couch and made his way to the door.

“Where are you going?” asked Jimmy.

“To Adeline’s room, why?” he said, his hand on the handle. Johnny clenched his fists,

“Come on dude! She’s already asleep and you know how she is when someone woke her up!” he said, trying to sound cool. Brian rubbed his neck, “You’re right.” And he grabbed a pillow and some covers. Johnny grabbed some covers and lay on the couch, a satisfied smile on his face. Jimmy switched off the lights when everyone was settled.

“Night guys!” he said. Several ‘night’s were heard before they all fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 13!
hope you like it,
comments would be great ;-)