Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"Enjoy your Starbucks!"

Later that day.

“You know Matt, I believe you…” said Ellie as she reached Matt, who had his back against the wall, waiting for her. Matt looked at her and smiled, relieved. He hugged her before he pressed his lips to hers.

“Wow! Guys, get a room!” said Brian as he stood next to the door, waiting for Adeline. When she got out of the room, she was in a deep conversation with Johnny, she was so caught up with whatever she was saying that she walked past Brian without even noticing him. When she reached her locker, she frowned and looked at Johnny,

“Where’s Brian?” she asked, putting her books in the locker. Johnny bit his lip, trying not to laugh as he pointed to the direction they were coming from. Her eyes widened:

“I didn’t just walked past him… did I?” she asked, worried. In answer, Johnny simply laughed. She punched him in the shoulder and hurried to the cafeteria. When she took her sit next to Brian, she saw Zacky and Matt glaring at her.

“I am so sorry, I was too caught up in my conversation with Johnny that I didn’t saw you…” she whispered, taking his hand under the table. “It’s okay.” He said, smiling at her before he continued his conversation with Jimmy. Johnny sat in front of Adeline, he was still laughing. Adeline glared at him, which only made Johnny laughed harder.

“What’s so funny?” asked Ellie, who was sitting at his left. Johnny shook his head but kept eye contact with Adeline. Matt shrugged and went back to telling Ellie about the school prom, since there wasn’t anything like that in France.

“You should have seen your face, it was hilarious!” whispered Johnny, he was barely audible. Adeline sighed, “Johnny, please. Do not make it harder that it already is or I’ll have a nervous breakdown before next weekend…” she mumbled, rubbing her temple.

“You just need to sleep…” he whispered back, rolling his eyes.

“You’re part of the reason why I don’t get enough sleep…” she whispered back, glaring at him.

“What’s up with all the whispering?” asked Brian, joining their conversation.

“Nothing.” replied Adeline as she kept glaring at Johnny.

“Shortshit, what did you do again to upset my girlfriend?” asked Brian as he wrapped his arm around her waist. Adeline tensed up and looked at Ellie for some kind of help but she was in a deep conversation with her boyfriend. Johnny didn’t answer Brian’s question and focused his attention on his plate. She sighed and rested her head on the table,

“I really need to sleep…” she mumbled.

**

One week later.

Ellie and Adeline were both sitting on the couch, watching a DVD. Ellie was waiting for Matt, they were supposed to go to Starbucks.

“Ellie, could you stop tapping your foot!” asked Adeline, hugging the pillow tighter.

“He should be here…” Ellie replied, biting her nails. Just at the moment, the phone rang. Ellie jumped off the couch and took it.

“Yeah?”

“Hey babe… I’m sorry but I won’t be able to come… I got lots of work to do. I am so sorry…” said Matt. Ellie bit her lip and sighed:

“It’s okay, I understand.” she replied.

“I’ll see you later?” he asked, hopeful.

“Yeah, of course. Bye.” Mumbled Ellie.

”Bye, love you!”

“Love you too…” and she hung up. She walked back to the couch and sat down.

“It was Matt… He said he had work to do and that he couldn’t come with me to Starbucks. But I want a Starbucks so bad…” said Ellie, looking hopefully at her younger sister.

“Wow! I know where you’re going and the answer is No. I won’t come with you, you know I don’t like coffee and plus I’m watching a movie.” She said, looking back to the screen. Ellie sighed, “Fine! I’ll go alone then…”

“Enjoy your Starbucks!” shouted Adeline when Ellie shut the front door.

Ellie finally reached the local Starbucks and ordered her drink. She paid for it and was about to sit down at a table when she saw something she shouldn’t have.

Matt was leaning across the table, kissing some girl. Wait, not some random girl, it was Rosemary. Ellie immediately ran out of the shop, dropping her coffee on the floor on her way out, crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
xD
here you go!
thanks a lot for the comments on the previous chapter, you guys are great!
<3