Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"Just go away..."

“You gotta be joking?” screamed Adeline, as she was making her way to the front door. Ellie was sitting on the couch, hugging her knees and sobbing. Brian was trying to comfort his best friend while Adeline was trying not to break every single thing in the house. Adeline made her way back to the living room and threw a vase against the wall. “I’m gonna kill him!” she screamed. The door opened and Matt walked in, all smiles.

“Hey, what’s up guys?” he asked as he kicked off his shoes and threw his hoodie on the armchair. That’s when he saw Ellie crying. “Babe, what’s wrong?” he asked, worried as he made his way towards her.

“Do not fucking touch her, Sanders!” yelled Adeline, standing in front of him.

“My girlfriend’s crying! I got the right to know the reason.” He said in defense.

“You are the reason, you fucking bastard!” she yelled, taking a step forward. Matt took a step back.

“Brian, dude, do something! Your girlfriend is about to kill me!” he said, looking at Brian who was glaring at him.

“Oh you’re right, I’m gonna kill you! And I’ll enjoy every second of it! You fucking piece of shit!” yelled Adeline, her fists clenched, her knuckles white. “You thought you could walk around and play with my sister feelings? And then go and fuck Rosemary behind her back, huh? I’ll show you what I do to guys like you!” she screamed, pushing Matt. He tripped on the carpet, lost his balance and fell on the floor. Adeline jumped on him and punched him with all her might. Something she never thought she would ever do in her life, punching Matt, at least not without being beaten up right after doing so. But Matt didn’t react, he simply laid there, shocked. Brian didn’t move, either too scared to be in the fight or too scared to be Adeline’s next punching ball. After a while, he finally moved, he held Adeline’s arms behind her back and put her back on her feet.

“Adeline, calm down!” he said, holding her. Matt took the opportunity to got up, he wiped the blood of his face and looked regretfully at Ellie,

“I can explain!” he whispered. Adeline turned around and tried to break free of Brian’s grasp.

“Explain what you fucking asshole! Brian, let me go for fuck sake!” she yelled, hitting his chest.

Ellie looked up at Matt, with bloodshot eyes: “Matt, just go away…” she said calmly.

“Oh yeah, you better do as you’re told. If I were you I’d leave the fucking state!” screamed Adeline as Matt picked up his hoodie and left the room, looking one last time at Ellie.

Adeline left the house minutes later, “I’m going for a walk!” she had mumbled before walking out, slamming the door shut. Only Brian stayed since Ellie was his best friend.

“Your sister can be scary sometimes…” said Brian, rubbing his neck. Ellie looked at him. “I think she even scared Matt, he isn’t going to come near her for weeks…” he added, with a small smile. Ellie smiled sadly.

“Matt didn’t mean to hurt you, I swear. He loves you way too much, and believe me when I say that. I think it’s just some stupid bets between him and Zacky… They’re always doing things like that. It has nothing to do with you, Matt is stubborn, he’d do anything just to prove he’s the best. He never thought you’d see him doing that stupid bet. He loves you, really.” said Brian, hugging Ellie. “At least now he might have understood not to mess with you because you got a ‘scary’ bodyguard…” he added, trying to cheer her up. Ellie sighed and rested her head on his shoulder, Brian kissed her forehead: “It’s gonna be alright”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damsel_Of_Darkness was right about the fight :)
thank you all for the comments on the previous chapter!