Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"Have you seen Matt recently?"

Adeline didn’t get back home, she called saying that she would stay over at Johnny’s. Brian spent the night comforting Ellie. They both knew Adeline wouldn’t be of a great help, she would mostly break the house in anger. Brian stayed the week-end with Ellie while Adeline stayed at Johnny. They all met up at school the Monday morning; Adeline had gotten into Jimmy’s car with Johnny while Brian had taken his own car, with Ellie and Zacky. Ellie had forgiven Zacky about the ‘bet’, he didn’t know what he was doing.

When they parked, Matt’s car was already there. Ellie sighed and got out of Brian’s car. Just at the moment, Jimmy arrived. Adeline jumped out of the car and made her way to her sister. She hugged her, “How are you feeling?” she asked Ellie.

“Better than Saturday…” she replied with a small smile. Adeline smiled back.

“Damn, you didn’t sleep or what?” asked Zacky when he saw Adeline’s face.

“Have you ever slept next to Johnny? He was dreaming he was a ninja or something and kept kicking me the all night.” She mumbled, stretching.

“You slept with him?” asked Brian, looking at her then at Johnny who was getting out of the car.

“I said: next to him.” She replied tiredly as she picked up her bag and slowly made her way to her locker. Rosemary and her group of friends were standing in the middle of the hallway.

“Have you seen Matt recently?” asked Rosemary, smirking when Ellie walked past them. Ellie ignored her and kept walking, whereas Adeline turned around, threw her bag over to Johnny and walked straight to her. She grabbed her by the collar and slammed her back against the wall of lockers.

“Can’t you shut your fucking mouth for once in your pathetic life!” she screamed, holding her against the lockers. She let go of Rosemary when her face started becoming a light shade of blue and she fell on her knees, coughing. “I am warning you, if you ever come near Ellie or Matt again, this time I’ll really kill you! Got it!” she threatened, before she spat on the floor. She snatched her bag out of Johnny’s hands and made her way to the next class. She took a sit at the back of the class and Johnny sat next to her while Brian sat next to Ellie.

“I swear Adeline, you need to fucking sleep… You’re going to murder someone! You have a short temper and it is even shorter when you’re tired. You really need to calm down.” whispered Johnny, looking worriedly at his girlfriend/best friend.

“I can’t sleep Johnny, otherwise we won’t see each others anymore!” whispered Adeline, looking anxiously at him. Johnny sighed and rested his head in his hands.

“Just stay in your bed tonight, okay? Do not come to my room, you need to sleep Adeline. As son as you’re coming back from school you’re going to your room and you sleep! I’m not joking. I won’t let the window open, tonight you’re staying in your bed. Is that clear?” he said, looking at her. Adeline nodded slowly and tried to stay awake during the lesson.

The day went by quickly, they barely saw Matt, and he didn’t eat with them at lunch. At the end of school, Adeline listened to Johnny and went straight to her room, she kicked off her shoes and ran to her room. Ellie kicked off her shoes and grab something to eat in the kitchen. She decided to watch TV for a while but soon got bored and decided to go and see what Adeline was doing. She made her way to her sister’s room and knocked on the door. Adeline wasn’t sleeping, she was reading.

“Hey Sist’! What are you reading?” asked Ellie as she sat on Adeline’s bed. Adeline closed the book: “Romeo and Juliet. But I was thinking about something…”

“What?” asked Ellie, frowning. She didn’t like it when Adeline was smirking like this.

“Vengeance…”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) hope you like this one,
and thank you all for the comments =D