Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"I don't think you want to know..."

One month later

“You know, you’re my sister so I’m kind of supposed to be nice to you, and listen to you when you’re speaking but please! Stop talking about Matt! If you say his name again, I might murder someone!” said Adeline, as she left the class.

“Fine, I’ll shut up!” said Ellie, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Good!” mumbled Adeline, as she made her way to her locker, which was next to Ellie’s.

“Any news from the grandparents? Last time I checked they sent us a card from Guyana, I seriously think they’ll travel the world!” said Adeline as she opened her locker. Ellie didn’t say anything, she simply opened her locker and put her bag in.

“I asked you a question!” said Adeline, sighing. “Why aren’t you answering?”

“You told me to shut up, that’s what I’m doing…” she simply replied, shrugging. Adeline slapped her forehead and slammed her locker shut. Ellie followed her sister to the cafeteria, laughing.

“What happened again?” asked Matt as Ellie sat next to him. Adeline sat next to Jimmy, “I’m gonna have a nervous breakdown, I swear!” she mumbled as she rested her head on his shoulder. Jimmy patted her back, “You already said that about a month ago but you’re still here and you haven’t killed anyone… yet.” She lifted her head and glared at him before looking around her.

“Where are Brian and Johnny?” she asked, taking a bit of her pizza.

“Last time I check they were talking in the hall, why?” replied Jimmy, casually. Adeline got up quickly and ran out of the cafeteria.

“What did I do?” asked Jimmy, looking worriedly at Matt and Ellie. They both shrugged and went back to whatever they were doing. Adeline ran to the hall and looked around, Brian and Johnny were talking next to Johnny’s locker. She started to worry when she saw Johnny rubbing his neck. He was always doing that when he was nervous… She ran to them and grabbed Brian's arm.

“What are you talking about?” she asked, looking from him to Johnny then back at Brian. Brian leant to kiss her but she turned her head, making him kissed her cheek instead.

“Stuff…” said Johnny, obviously happy by Adeline’s action.

“What do you mean by ‘stuff’?” she asked, frowning, letting go of Brian’s arm at the same time. Johnny and Brian looked at each others.

“It’s never a good thing when your best friend and you boyfriend are talking together, away from everyone…” she said, tapping her foot.

“You’re just paranoid!” said Brian, laughing as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and lead Adeline away from Johnny, to the cafeteria. “I don’t care if I’m being paranoid or not, I wanna know!” she pouted. Brian simply laughed again. Adeline sat back next to Jimmy, with Brian on her other side and Johnny in front of her. She kept her eyes on Johnny during the all lunch, hoping he would say something but he didn’t. She sighed annoyed and looked at Brian, “Just so you know, I’m going to Johnny’s house after school!” she said. Brian nodded and then looked at Johnny.
**

“So…” said Adeline as she closed Johnny’s door behind her, “what’s the hell is going on?” she asked as she sat on the bed and looked at Johnny, who had his head covered by a pillow.

“I don’t think you want to know…” he muttered darkly as he threw the pillow against the wall. Adeline sighed,

“You know, I’ve been trying to keep a distance with Brian in hope he would gave up and break up with me or something…” she explained as she laid down and snuggled close to Johnny. When he heard that, Johnny laughed. Adeline lifted her head and looked weirdly at him: “What’s so funny?”

“It has the opposite result…” he said, looking at her as her face fell from wonder to horror.

“Wha-at… what do you mean?” she asked, in a whisper looking at him with wide-eyes. Johnny crossed his hands behind his head,

“Brian is falling for you, and falling hard may I add…”
♠ ♠ ♠
^^"