Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

Here We Go Again

The next morning, Ellie was ready and downstairs, eating breakfast, before Adeline. When Adeline finally managed to get downstairs, the door bell rang.

“I’m getting the door!” said Ellie as she ran past Adeline to open the front door. Adeline, who had just woke up, took a bowl and started eating breakfast, not really paying attention to what was happening in the hall.

Ellie opened the door, Matt and Brian were standing there.

“Hey!” she said. As an answer, Matt engulfed her in a hug. When he finally released her, it was Brian turn.

“We missed you so much!” said Brian as he finally let go of her.

“I missed you too!” said Ellie, smiling. The three of them made their way back to the kitchen. When Adeline saw them, she choked on her milk, her eyes wide.

“Hey!” said Brian, smiling at her. Adeline didn’t reply, she glared at him, then at Matt before she finished her bowl and put it in the sink. Ellie let out a sight, shaking her head. The door bell rang,

“Come in!” yelled Ellie. The door opened and Zacky, Johnny and Jimmy came in.

“Johnny!” yelled Adeline as she ran past Ellie, Brian and Matt to hug Johnny. Then she hugged Jimmy and then waved at Zack. The three guys hugged Ellie, telling her how much they missed her and all. Once the all ‘greeting’ thing was done, the girls grabbed their bags and made their way to the cars. Ellie got in Matt’s hummer with him, Brian and Zacky while Adeline went with Jimmy and Johnny in the pick-up.

The drive was around 15 minutes long. Matt was driving, Ellie was sitting in the passenger sit, Brian and Zack were on the backseat. They were talking about what had happened in their respective life since they left, until Zacky said,

“I know you didn’t see her for 3 all years but please Matt, I don’t want to die now! Watch the damn road!” Matt focused his attention back on the road while Ellie, looked out of the window, blushing.

Adeline was sitting between Jimmy -who was driving- and Johnny. ‘Pantera’ was blasting through the stereo, Johnny had his head out of the window, waving at the car behind them –which was Matt’s hummer-, while Adeline was gripping his jeans, trying to get him to get back into the pick-up.

They finally reached the school. Matt parked the hummer behind the pick up. Adeline and the boys were already out of the car, Adeline was on Jimmy’s back, both were singing. Ellie got out of the car and walked next to Brian, since he was his best friend and she hadn’t spoken to him for 3 all years. They finally reached were the others were jumping around. A group of preps was standing not far away, looking weirdly at the scene, until Adeline jumped off Jimmy’s back and kissed Johnny on the cheek. The preps glared at her, then they spot Ellie walking next to Brian, with Matt on her other side, if look could kill, she’d be dead!
Johnny walked to the secretary office with Adeline, while Brian walked with Ellie.