Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"I really didn’t feel like talking to my dad"

“Your sister really need to sleep, like really need to!” said Jimmy as he shove a handful of popcorns in his mouth. I rolled my eyes and snuggled closer to Matt who simply smiled down at me, showing his dimples. Oh man… It’s been a month since the incident with Rosemary and everything’s perfect… Maybe expect Adeline strange behaviour… She’s been acting all weird recently. And I still can’t believe she’s dating Brian, that’s something I might never get used to… Or maybe I will, but it still weird to see my sister and my best friend together. Brian bought two tickets for the Green Day show next weekend; Adeline completely adores the band…

I saw Brian walking past us to sit in the armchair. He wasn’t smiling, but he didn’t look sad just thoughtful.

“Hey Brian, are you alright?” I asked, moving a bit so I was facing him. My back was turned to Matt but hey, I can talk to my best friend! Brian nodded and looked at the screen. Something wasn’t right, I frowned and got up, much to Matt complain. I ran a hand through my messy hair and sighed, Matt had played with my hair again… I rolled my eyes and made my way up the stairs and to the right: Adeline’s room. I could hear some music, I knocked on the door and waited but she didn’t answer. I opened the door quietly and saw Adeline curled up in a ball, the Green Day tickets on her bedside table. She sounded fast asleep so I quietly closed the door and let her sleep. It still amazed me how she can be so calm and happy and the next second, about to murder someone… I guess she just has the same kind of temper as our father… The phone rang. I ran downstairs and snatched the phone out of Zacky’s hands.

“Ellie’s speaking.” I said, as I walked to the kitchen and sat on the counter.

“It’s good to hear your voice…” said my father. I closed my eyes and sighed.

“What do you want, dad.” I asked, jumping off the counter to close the door so the boys wouldn’t hear me.

“So, how’s life on the West Coast?” he asked, he sure was sober because otherwise he wouldn’t be able to speak two words correctly.

“It is great, we’re having fun here.” I said, I really didn’t feel like talking to my dad.

“Good to know… I just wanted to remind you that you’ll have to come back home soon…” he said in a deadly calm voice. I shivered.

“I gotta go Dad. Bye” I didn’t waited for an answer, I hang up. I walked back to the living room and sat on Matt’s lap, he wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his chest. I let out a happy sight. I loved him, there was no doubt about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a little chapter in Ellie's pov :)