Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"Why aren't you sleeping?"

I slowly made my way down the stairs, back to the living room where my friends and girlfriend were waiting for me. I wiped the single tear that was running down my cheek.

Girlfriend… It hurt me just thinking that word. I was trying to convince myself that I did the best thing for Adeline, and for me. I don’t think I could have bear spending an other day like this: seeing her torn up between me and Brian, because I knew she was hurting, nearly as much as me. It was so obvious Brian was in love with her, it was like… a nose on someone’s face or something! He was one of my best friends and I was feeling guilty seeing him hurt because of one girl. Because, let’s face it: Adeline can be the biggest bitchon earth, in the universe but when she wanted to she could be really nice and caring. I was feeling sorry for Brian because he hadn’t seen that side of her yet, but he was already falling for her. And as for Adeline, well… She was falling for Brian, but she kept denying it. I knew this because I’ve been her best friend since forever, and I was her boyfriend. Damn, just thinking about it made me wanna cry. I could just imagine Adeline, lying on her bed, crying.

It wasn’t too late, I still had the possibility to run to her room and tell her that I was only joking or something…

I was standing in the doorway, nobody had noticed me. Ellie was snuggling close to Matt, who was resting his head on top of hers and was playing with her hair. I wish I could have that kind of relationship with Adeline…
Jimmy and Zacky were throwing popcorns at each others and Kate was sitting quietly next to Brian, obviously uncomfortable. I took a deep breath and walked in. I sat next to Kate and pulled her on my lap before I kissed her softly. That was it, it was like a new beginning for me. A true relationship, not having to hide all the time… Brian looked at me worried,

“Is Adeline alright?” he asked. I was about to tell him to go and see her but Adeline appeared at the doorway, her eyes a little red from crying. I felt bad, I wanted to get up to comfort her but decided against it and instead wrapped my arms tighter around Kate and rested my head on her shoulder, looking at the screen.

**

I saw Johnny looked away and hugged Kate tighter. At that moment I was aware that it was really over between us and that I couldn’t do anything about it. I couldn’t turn back time. I silently made my way over to the couch and sat on Brian’s lap. I burrowed my face in his T-shirt and cried silently. I felt Brian gaze on me but I didn’t lifted my head. He kissed my forehead and rubbed small circles on my back. Johnny is my past, and Brian is my future… I thought as I slowly fell asleep in his arms.

I woke up alone, I couldn’t see anything, the room was all black. I rubbed my eyes hoping it would help me but it didn’t. I looked around and noticed that there was some light creeping from underneath the door. A door? Wait, I fell asleep in the living room! I sat up and tried to understand where I was. I extended my hand and felt something next to me, I shivered and hugged my knees against my chest, rocking back and forth. First, I had this horrible nightmare where Johnny broke up with me. It was so real, I could remember how I felt my heartbreak when he said those three words and when I saw him walked back downstairs. Just thinking about that nightmare made me wanna cry, it soreal and then I’m waking up where everything’s black. I heard something moving, and then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I stood frozen for a few seconds before I finally realised that the hand belonged to Brian.

“Why aren’t you sleeping?” he whispered, as he sat up.

“Where are we? Why is it all black? What time is it?” I asked, questions flowing out of my mouth.

“Adeline, it’s 3am that’s why it is all black and we are in the attic. I brought you here after you fell asleep on the couch, you seemed upset after you talk with Johnny so I thought it was better not to wake you up. I’m sorry if I did something wrong…” he whispered. I couldn’t see his face but I could just imagine him looking worriedly at me. Just like Johnny had said, Brian was afraid he had done something wrong by not waking me up after my… My eyes widened. I hadn’t dreamed, it really happened. Johnny really did break up with me. I tried to block away the tears that were threatening to fall.

“No it’s okay Brian, I just had a nightmare and I was kinda lost. Don’t worry.” I whispered as I laid back on the mattress. I heard Brian sighed as he laid back down too. I stood still, waiting for him to go back to sleep until I got up from the mattress and made my way for the door, trying not to stepped on anyone. Once I finally reached it, I got out of the attic and slowly made my way to the kitchen. I got out in the backyard from the backdoor. I didn’t bother to take some coat or anything since I was still dressed, I was still wearing my hoodie too. I guess Brian was afraid it would wake me up… I sighed and laid down on the grass, looking at the sky. I didn’t sleep, I was just thinking. I watched as the moon slowly disappeared and as the sun rise.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like this chapter :)
thanks for the comment on the previous one ! =D

A xxx