Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"Christmas?"

One month later

We were all sitting in Brian’s living room. His father and stepmother and siblings had left for a few days so we decided to just crashed there instead of our grandparents’. I knew his house by heart and I was hungry so I got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen to make myself something to eat until I felt two arms around me. I smiled and turned around so I could face him and kissed him softly.

“Ugh! That’s gross!” said Adeline as she made her way to the fridge took a can of Coke and made her way back to the living room, leaving me and Matt alone. I shook my head at my sister, while Matt glared at her. I made a sandwich for myself and one for Matt before we both got back to the living room.

“Why are you asking me about Christmas?” asked my sister as she was sitting next to Brian, well she was more like completely lying on him but he didn’t seem to mind.

“Because it’s in 2 weeks.” Said Brian, smiling down at her. She sat up and looked at him with wide eyes: “Really?” and she looked around the room, we all nodded. She clapped her hands like a five years old and jumped around the room singing: “We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you…

I simply sighed while the others either laughed at her or joined her… I sighed mainly because I knew she could on sing that ‘song’ for hours… I sat down on the couch and rested my head on my best friend’s shoulder since my boyfriend was too busy laughing at my sister.

“Hey! He’s mine! Take your head off his shoulder!” yelled Adeline from across the room, and she started singing again. It had been a month since ‘whatever happened’ between Adeline and Johnny and everything was just great. I said ‘whatever happened’ because none of them had talked to each others for a while, Johnny was with Kate and Adeline completely attached herself to Brian, which surprised us all. I mean, she hadn’t been that close to him or anything and then, all of sudden she started acting like a real girlfriend. I guess it had something to do with Johnny’s girlfriend but I’ll never know because Adeline doesn’t want to talk about this. And there was also Jay. He wasn’t hanging with us but Adeline often ate with him at lunch and stuff, he was like her new best friend or something… At least the guys had stopped bullying him. He was a nice guy, and Adeline and him seem to get on well. When I asked her about Johnny, she simply said that she was happyfor Johnny and that she was happywith Brian…

“You’re girlfriend’s crazy!” said Matt as he looked at Brian and pointed to Adeline, who was now singing ‘Jingle bells’ with Johnny and Jimmy. Brian simply smiled brightly at him. Matt sat on the couch, next to me. I got up and sat on his lap, it’s was way more comfy that the couch…

“So, I was telling Adeline about Christmas because all my family will be away for the holidays and I was thinking that maybe we could have Christmas together here, no?” he suggested. In a heartbeat I saw Adeline running to him and jumping on him, making the couch falling over. I don’t know what she exactly did but she landed on her back, looking at the ceiling while me, Matt and Brian were still on the fallen over couch.

“Are you alright?” asked Brian as he quickly got up and knelled down next to Adeline, she blinked, looked at him and started laughing. I saw Johnny shaking his head, laughing, well that’s everyone did, except Brian he was still worried about her state:

“You sure you’re alright?” he asked, again. He shouldn’t worry, we all knew Adeline had a weird mental state and it had nothing to do with her last fall, she had been like that since forever.