Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"The feeling is mutual!"

“I’m going for a walk…” I mumbled as I walked through the hall, and reached the front door. Ellie was in the living room with Nate. I opened and closed the door and sat on one of the steps. My head in my hands as I was reviving the previous scene with Brian. Matt walked over to me:

“Is Ellie here?” he mumbled. I wasn’t in the mood to be nice or anything:

“Yeah she’s here but I don’t suggest you to come in, she’s with Nate at the moment.” I replied as I got up and wiped the tears away.

“What happened?” asked Johnny, who was standing not far away.

“Brian saw the video…”I mumbled, looking at my feet.

“Oh come on, don’t cry for him! It was just an act Adeline, it didn’t meant anything!” said Zack, leaning against Matt’s car. I would have killed him at that very moment, but I knew it wouldn’t have help me getting Brian back, but I wanted to make things clear between Zacky and me. I walked over to him and stood in front of him:

“Zack, I know you hate me but you can be sure of one thing: the feeling is mutual! I don’t know what I ever did to you but why? Why did you have to go and tell Ellie about that fucking bet? I don’t blame you for Brian because it was my fault but you did not have the right to do this! I can understand that you’re feeling lonely because Johnny’s got Kate, Matt’s Ellie and Brianhas had me but you’ll soon be happy, don’t worry!” I said, trying not to yell.

“What do you mean?” asked Johnny.

“My father kept calling us, more and more often. There’s no doubt that we’re going to be leaving soon, you’ll be happy then Zachary. I’ll disappear, you’ll have your friends for yourselves only!” I shouted, as I turned around and ran off.

“Adeline!” shouted Johnny after me. Well fuck off, fuck him, fuck the world! I kept running, not paying much attention to where I was going… It was getting dark and I was only wearing a T-shirt. I soon reached the beach and sat on the sand, my head resting on my hands. I was at the same place I was when I started to get less bitchy with the guys… 4 months ago I did that stupid bet, and here I was again. Last time I had Johnny, this time I was left with nothing… Or almost nothing… I wrapped my arms around me, in some kind of comfort and let out a deep sight.

**

Ellie’s POV

We could hear Adeline shouting at Zack. I scooted closer to Nate, we were both sitting on the couch, watching a movie when I heard someone knocking on the door. It was Nate who got up, he made his way towards the front door and opened it.

“Yes?” he asked. I bit my lip in anticipation, I knew it was Matt.

“Is Ellie here?” Matt asked.

“Yes she’s here. But she’s fucking heartbroken and I don’t think she wants to talk to you right now…” replied Nate. I could hear Matt sighing loudly.

“She’s my girlfriend, I want to talk to her! I need to apologize!” he insisted. That’s when I got up and made my way to the front door. I stood next to Nate, and he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

“I was your girlfriend. Not anymore. Now, if you'd excuse me I’m kinda busy with Nate, if you haven’t notice… Who, by the way, has never lied to me!” I snapped.

“Ellie, I’m sorry! Please forgive me! I love you!”

“Just go away!” I said no emotion in my voice, but tears falling down my cheeks. He should have thought about the consequences of his stupid bet…Nate closed the door. Matt didn’t even protest, he walked away…

That’s how I understand that he was just as heartbroken as I was… and that’s when I burst into tears.