Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

"... and we would be together."

Adeline’s POV

I was walking back from school and instead of going back home, I went to the other side of the road and knocked on Johnny’s door. He opened the door and let me in. It was kinda awkward… I followed him to his room and I took my usual spot on his bed and he closed the door behind us.

“So… what happened with Kate today?” I asked him as he sat on the bed too.

“I broke up with her because she was bitching about you and Ellie…” he mumbled. It was weird, I hadn’t been in his room for a while but it was the same, the only thing that had changed was my relation with Johnny. We weren’t as close as we were once, not even as friends. I nodded in answer.

“How are you holding up?” he asked me. I didn’t know whether he was speaking about Brian or about our previous relation. I decided to answer like he was speaking about Brian.

“I fucked up. That’s all I have to say… And now there’s no turning back. He hates me…” I mumbled as I looked at my hands, trying to block away the tears. I was an emotional wreck at the moment. He sighed and moved to closer to me and held me in his arms.

“It’s not your fault Adeline…” he whispered, rubbing small circles on my back, trying to comfort me.

“It is Johnny… I shouldn’t have drink that much and did that fucking stupid bet. Then I wouldn’t be in this mess and Matt and Ellie would still be together! Instead of Ellie being with Nate…” I sobbed. He kissed my forehead.

“If you haven’t done this bet, Matt would have taken a hell lot more time to ask your sister out. You wouldn’t have date Brian, and I wouldn’t have date Kate and we would be together…” he whispered the last part. I pulled away from him and looked at him. It wasn’t true, we would have broken up one day or an other. I finally understand that Johnny and I were better off as friends, not as lovers…

“No Johnny. Sure I’m sad that we ended our relationship, but it’s better this way… We’re friends, nothing more, nothing less…” I said. He saw sadness in his eyes before he rubbed his face and looked at his watch.

“Ah damn… We were supposed to have band practise… Don’t know if Syn’s going to show up though… But yeah, I better go before Matt comes and get me.” He said as he got up from his bed and took his bass. I got up too and followed him downstairs.

“Do you wanna come and watch?” he suggested, his hand on the doorknob. I shook my head,

“I’d rather not…” I put my shoes on. He sighed and hugged me. I hugged him back, it felt weird. He opened the door and we both crossed the road.

We stood there, looking at each other for a few seconds before I made my way towards my Grandparents’ house while he made his way towards Matt’s. We heard a door slamming shut and Brian appeared, followed by Ellie. He had his guitar in his hand. We looked at each others for a second before I quickly looked away and hurried to the front door. I closed it behind me and rested my back against the door as I broke down again…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all your comments on the last chapter =]
Two more left ;-)

We might update later today and maybe post the last chapter today or tomorrow...
We don't know yet. ^^"