Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

Thanks, but it was useless...

One week later

Adeline was following Ellie towards the school gates. As soon as Matt saw Ellie, he ran to her and engulfed her in a tight hug.

“Matt!” screamed Ellie. When he released her from his embrace, she massaged her left shoulder.

“I told you not to squeeze me like that! Remember the incident with the baseball bat!” she said, glaring at him. Matt held his hands in the air and sighed.

“Sorry!” he mumbled.

A few years ago, Zacky was teaching Matt how to play baseball but Matt got angry when he couldn’t hit the ball right and threw the baseball bat behind him in anger, not bothering how it would land. It hit Ellie straight in the shoulder, dislocated it at the same time.

Adeline didn’t even bother to say ‘hi’ to anyone, she went straight to class. It was Biology. She took her sit at the back of the class and waited for the other to arrive.

Johnny was the first one to come, he sat next to her. “Hi!” he said happily. Adeline yawned in answer.

“Alright, you didn’t get much sleep, did you?” he asked. She shook her head and sighed,

“I got a call from my father yesterday…” she muttered, “He wanted us to come back to France…” she explained. Johnny’s eyes widened. He was about to say something but was cut off by the bell and the teacher.

“Alright, I got your results!” he said as he handed out the tests. Adeline looked at her mark and frowned, “I got a C!” she said out loud.

“Do you have a problem?” asked the teacher.

“I sure do! I got a C! I deserved a better mark! Johnny made more mistakes than me and he got a B!” she said, holding out her test.

“Alright, if you think so!” said the teacher, he took the test and wrote a D instead of the C.

“You’re gotta be joking, right!” she said looking at her test then at the teacher.

“You shouldn’t have said anything…” whispered Johnny, trying to calm her down.

“That’s unfair!” she said, glaring at the teacher.

“You can always leave if you want to!” said the teacher, walking back to his desk. Adeline threw her things in her bag and left the classroom, slamming the door shut behind her, not leaving time for anyone to say anything. Adeline didn’t got back to class, she waited for lunch break. She sat behind one of the school building for 3 hours, doing nothing.

“Hey Sanders, are you still grounded?” asked Ellie as she sat in front of him. Matt was about to reply but Adeline cut him off:

“For God sake! We all know you love his last name, one day you’ll have the same because you’ll be married so can you please stop calling him by his last name? Thank you!” she said as she took a sit next to Johnny. Ellie turned her head in her sister direction and glared at her but she didn’t say anything.

“And you, could you stop being a bitch to everyone! Why did she do to you?” asked Matt, glaring at Adeline.

“What did you call me?” asked Adeline, slamming her hands on the table, ready to get up.

“I called you bitch because you can’t be nice to anyone, not even your own sister! And we are all older than you here, except Johnny and you keep talking to us like we are a piece of shit! Are you aware that I could beat the shit out of you if I wanted to?” said Matt, anger rising in his voice.

“Alright, come on! Kick my ass if that’s what you want!” she said, getting up to challenge him.

Matt was about to get up but decided against it. “I don’t want your sister to hate me simply because I gave you what you deserve... Even if I’d love to kick your ass simply to show you that I deserve respect and that I could break you!” he said calmly. Adeline clenched her fists and threw her tray on the floor before she took her bag and left the cafeteria.

Ellie sighed and shook her head, “Thanks Matt, but it was useless… She’s always like this and will always be…”

“Matt’s right. She can be a bitch sometimes!” said Zacky.

Ellie glared at him, “It is my sister you’re talking about Zachary!”

He held out his hands, “Alright, sorry!” he mumbled. The rest of the lunch was silent. When they all got to class, Adeline was missing. She had walked to the beach and had stayed there for the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the comments :)
Sorry for the mistakes I might have done, English isn't my native tongue..