Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

Explanations...

Adeline dropped her bag on the sand and sat next to it. She was starring into space, thinking about everything that had happened in the past week she had been there. It was getting more and more difficult for her to control her temper. She thought about what Matt had said earlier, it was true, she was being a bitch to everyone and they didn’t even know the reason.

She still hated Matt because of the incident with the apple, when he threw it in her head and screamed ‘Goal!’, but was it enough to act like that…? She let out a deep sight and hugged her knees to her chest.

Her father was right, she wasn’t right in the head… And that was coming from an alcoholic and a policeman. That was part of the reason why Ellie and her had come here, to be away from their father because he was being violent.

Ellie was taking the change better than Adeline since she had always got on pretty well with the guys whereas Adeline wasn’t their greatest friends, and it was even worse now. She just had difficulty trusting people, at the moment the only persons she trusted were Ellie, her grandparents, her mother and Johnny; and that was it. Matt reminded her of her father in some ways, he was muscular just like him and deep inside Adeline was scared of him. And when she felt scared or inferior she immediately switched to the ‘bitchy’ girl. That was one of the main problems, she was feeling inferior when she was around the guys, they were all taller and stronger than her, except for Johnny, and as Matt had said: he could break her.

Sometimes she wished she could just walk to them and be friendly with them but something was holding her back. They all looked so confident… and she wasn’t. She feared that if she finally acted normally they would made fun of her.

It was different for Ellie, she was her sister. And as for Johnny… well, he was muscular too but not as much as the others, and he had always been her friend.

Adeline closed her eyes, and let out an other sight. She had two possibilities:
-staying the ‘bitchy’ girl that was getting on everybody’s nerves, just to protect herself form being hurt.
-or trying to be friendly with the guys and see how it was going.

Adeline ran a hand through her hair before getting up. She picked up her bag and left the beach. Her decision was made.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comment on the previous chapter =D
hope you like this one ...

E xxx