Sequel: Fighting Ourselves.
Status: Completed.

Like Walking Into a Dream

I was thinking...

The next morning

Ellie turned over and yawned. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the room. It was a mess, there were covers and pillows everywhere as well as empty beer bottles and all. She saw that Zacky was already awake.

“What time is it?” she whispered, rubbing her eyes.

“We only have twenty minutes before school…” he whispered back. Ellie’s eyes widened, she sat up on the mattress. She cursed loudly as she tired to get up and nearly fell on the floor. “My head is killing me…” she muttered as she made her way upstairs to get ready. Zacky decided to wake everyone else. He started with Matt, then Johnny, Jimmy and Brian.

“For fuck sake Baker, get the fuck away from me. I don’t wanna get up, just fuck off!” groaned Brian as he wrapped the covers tighter around him and sat up.

“Watch your language!” muttered Zacky as he pointed to Adeline’s sleeping form. Ellie was upstairs so she couldn’t hear him.

“Like she could hear me, she’s completely out!” answered Brian as he sat up and stretched.

“Zacky’s right, you shouldn’t swear so much!” added Johnny as he came closer to Adeline with a glass of water and threw it in her face.

“For fuck sake Johnny! Fuck you! What did you have in mind? Are you fucking stupid or what?!” screamed Adeline as she woke up abruptly, all wet.

“See? Like she cared if I’m being polite or not!” replied Brian with a satisfied smile as he got up and made his way to the kitchen.

They all got ready and ran to the cars. They arrived at school 30 minutes late. Adeline finished her night in Maths, and so did Ellie while the rest of the boys were trying their best to stay awake.

“You shouldn’t sleep in Maths…” whispered Brian, he was sitting next to Adeline.

“Fuck off Haner! I’ll sleep in class if I want to, I didn’t get much sleep last night and I have a hangover so mind your own fucking business!” she replied, harshly as she turned her head the other way and went back to sleep.

At the end of the morning, Adeline was the first one to get out of the class. She opened the door and walk to her locker. She was about to open it when someone grabbed her by the wrist and pushed her against it.

“What the fuck?” she asked. It was Matt, and Zacky was standing next to him.

“Did you already forget about our little deal?” Matt asked with a frown.

“What? What the hell are you talking about?” asked Adeline, obviously not remembering anything that happened the night before.

“Zacky!” said Matt, extending his hand. “I knew this would come to a use!” he added when Zacky gave him the camera. Adeline was looking at the camera then at Matt. Matt passed the camera to Adeline. She looked at the screen and pressed play. She was watching it with a mix of anxiety and amusement until she heard, “Deal! You ask Ellie to be your girlfriend, and I’ll date Brian!”. Matt watched with amusement as her face went blank when she saw the scene and heard that sentence.

“I don’t remember saying those things…” she mumbled, looking at the screen and then at Matt with a hopeless look.

“Well, a deal is a deal Adeline!” said Zacky with a smirk. Adeline ran a hand through her hair and looked at Matt,

“Alright, but you have to ask Ellie out first!” she quickly said as she saw Brian, Johnny and Ellie getting out of the classroom. She looked at Johnny with a look of pure despair before she picked up her bag and made her way to the cafeteria, Johnny left Brian and Ellie to follow Adeline.

“What did I miss?” asked Ellie as she saw her sister walking away, followed by Johnny. Matt and Zacky looked at each others.

“Nothing, we were just chatting with your sister!” said Matt as he wrapped his arms around Ellie’s shoulder and followed the others to the cafeteria. Ellie looked at Matt with a suspicious look but didn’t say anything.

“I’m in deep shit! Like, really, really deep Johnny!” said Adeline as she sat down at a table. He looked over his shoulder and the rest of the guys coming.

“How about you stop at my house this afternoon so we can talk about it, just pretend you forgot something, right?” he suggested. She nodded and looked down at her tray, she pushed it away. She wasn’t hungry, not anymore. When the other joined them, she didn’t even look up.

“Guys! I was thinking and…” screamed Jimmy, running to them. They all stopped and looked at Adeline, expecting her to say something like: ‘Since when you can think Jimmy?’ but she didn’t say anything. Jimmy frowned.

“So, like I said, I was thinking… and I had this great idea. Since we are going to spent at least a week at Ellie and Adeline’s, we should find a way to sleep comfortably instead of sleeping in the living room.” He stopped and looked at Adeline, “I suggest we all crash in Adeline’s room tonight!” he said, hoping she would react but she didn’t. The rest of the group looked up at him, he simply shrugged, “I just wanted to see if she would react, but anyway. My great idea is: we should all stay in the attic! Just need to clean a bit and put some mattress and everything. What do you think?” he asked excitedly.

“I don’t know Jimmy…” replied Ellie, “It’s not something easy to do, I mean, have you ever been into the attic? It’s a fucking mess and it will take ages to clean up everything and all…” she added.

“I can do it! Just give me the keys. And Zacky could help me too…” he said, patting Zacky’s back. Zacky looked at him weirdly. “What?”

“I don’t know…” said Ellie. She looked at the rest of the guys and saw the hopeful look on Matt’s face. Jimmy didn’t wait for a proper answer, he took the keys from Ellie’s pocket, “Thank you! I love you!” he said as he kissed her cheek. Matt glared at Jimmy, clenching his fists. Zacky got up and followed him to the car.