Status: Complete

For Reasons Unknown

Chapter 38

“What time are you going to be arriving then?” Maya asked Brian over the phone. She was currently sat at the end of the bar with Abi on New Years Eve.

“Well Jimmy just sent me a message saying that he’s arranged a limo to pick us up from our houses to take us there and for me to be ready to be picked up at about half 7.” Brian replied.

“A limo? Going all out this New Year is he? So you’ll be here about 8 then?”

“Yeah. Will you be down by then?” he asked.

“Should be, Abi and me have decided to work the entire shift together. She’ll be going up for a shower shortly and I’ll be going up when Sophie gets here so Dan isn’t left on his own. Then the two of us will be able to come back down to make an entrance together.” Maya explained.

“I can’t wait to see what you’re wearing. After seeing you in a dress on Zack’s birthday…” he trailed off with a content sigh.

“Well it’s only 2 and a half more hours.” Maya said with a giggle.

“Yeah, I’ll see you soon babe. Love you.” Brian replied.

“Love you too.” She replied before hanging up.

“Abi, do you want to go up now to start getting ready? I’ll be up then once Sophie get’s here.” She said turning to Abi who was sorting out the following week’s rota.

“Sure thing.” She replied putting down her pen and grabbing her keys and phone. “See you soon.” She added as she walked out of the bar.

“I don’t know why I’ve bothered to dress up. It’s not as if I’ve got anyone to dress up for like the rest of you.” Abi moaned as her and Maya walked down the stairs of their flat.

“Because it’s New Years and it’s fun.” Maya retorted. “Not quit your bitching.” She added opening the front door.

As they stepped out onto the street they couldn’t help but notice a large, black, stretch limo pull up outside the bar.

“That’s probably the guys.” Maya said watching as the door opened. Smiling as Jimmy got out, followed by Leana and Lacey and then the rest of the gang.

They were all taking excitedly amongst themselves as Maya and Abi started to walk the short distance between them. Brian was the last one out of the limo and caught sight of Maya immediately, his eyes locking onto hers as she walked slowly towards him.

“Wow, you look fucking amazing!” he whispered as he placed his hands on her waist and rested his forehead against hers. Maya blushed and bit her lip. She looked him up and down quickly.

“You look pretty damn fine yourself.” She replied as he lowered his lips slightly to kiss her. They shared a brief passionate kiss before they were interrupted by Johnny yelling.

“Put her down Gates, for fucks sake!”

Brian growled at him with a glare. “It’s ok for you fuckers; you’ve spent most of the day with your girls. I haven’t seen Maya since she left for work this morning.” Brian yelled as they made their way into the bar.

“Do you need to go back to work now or can we sneak back upstairs for a quickie?” he said quietly with a smirk.

“Brian Haner! Can’t you control yourself for five minutes?” Maya replied a smirk on her face also.

“You expect me to be able to control myself when you look like that?” he exclaimed widening his eyes.

“Maybe later.” She whispered simply into his ear, to which he gave a low growl before she turned and kissed him again, allowing her tongue to slip briefly into his mouth, to brush against his.

“God woman, you make me so damn horny!” he said quietly as he pulled out of the kiss. Maya smirked up at him before pulling out of his grasp and disappearing behind the bar and grabbing some drinks.

“Dan I love you, you are a star, you can finish now, go have a good night.” Maya called to him as she got Brian and the guys their drinks.

“Cheers Maya, you look sexy by the way.” He replied as he finished serving his customer and walked down the bar towards her.

“Why thank you.” She replied with a curtsy as he brushed past her.

“I’ll probably see you later. I’m guessing me and my mates will end up in here at some point.” He said grabbing his phone and jacket.

“Well if you do. You can have a few drinks on the house as a thank you for looking after the bar for us.” Maya replied as she carried the tray of drinks towards the guys.

“In that case I’ll definitely be back later.” He replied with a grin before walking out of the bar.

“Ok guys, drinks are on the house tonight. I’ve told my staff to put all your drinks on a tab.” Maya explained as she handed everyone their drinks.

“Maya you can’t do that!” Gena yelled.

“Yes I can, the tab is set up for Two dollar Thursday prices anyway.” She replied.

“But still have you seen how much these guys can drink? You’ll still have a huge bill at the end.”Val added.

“We’ll split the bill at the end of the night.” Matt spoke up.

“No real-“

“Don’t argue, all of us will split the bill later.” Brian interrupted her protest, wrapping his arms around his waist and kissing her temple.

“Doesn’t look as if I’ve got much of a choice.” She mumbled as everyone shook their heads.

“How busy are you expecting it to be?” Val asked.

“Well, if it’s anything like New Years in Stockton, and going by what people have told me, it won’t be much busier than a normal Thursday night. Most people will be in the big clubs or travel up to LA to celebrate from what I hear. Or have parties of their own.” She explained as she felt Brian begin to slowly move her to the music that was playing.

“So will you be able to party with us?” Lacey asked.

“Should be able to, yes. These guys should be able to cover each other’s breaks. Me and Abi are only really here tonight so that there is a manager on duty.” She explained as Brian placed a soft kiss on her shoulder.

Suddenly Jimmy slammed his beer bottle down on the table.

“Anyone ready for another drink?” he asked as everyone looked up at him in confusion. Most of them had at least half of their drink left.

“No? Just me?” he shrugged his shoulders before going to the bar for another drink.

“What’s up with him?” Zack asked Leana who shrugged.

“I don’t know he’s been acting kinda weird all day. Well more than usual.” She said.

“Abi do you want to take over at the bar for a second while I explain to the guys what’s going on tonight?” Maya said once all three members of her staff had arrived for their shift. Abi nodded and began to serve as Maya called Craig, Jem and Sophie into the glass wash room.

“Right, the plan is that we should be quiet enough for me and Abi to be just a manager on the premises tonight. Jem I’m putting you in charge tonight; you can sort out any change you may need and I’m going to leave it to you to give the three of you a break between 10 and 11.” She began and Jem nodded with a smile.

“We’ll be closing the bar at ten to midnight for twenty minutes for you lot to have a drink for the New Year and any drinks that Brian and the guys have are to go on table 69.” She concluded with the three of them nodding.

“OK, find me if you really need me.” She said gesturing with her hands for them to go back to work.

Maya went quickly to find Brian sat herself gracefully in his lap, his hands quickly wrapping around her waist. Moments later Abi joined them at the table and pouted, resting her chin on her hand as her elbow rested on the table.

“Oh Abi cheer up.” Maya pleaded but Abi shook her head. Maya stood up and grabbed Abi’s hands.

“Come and dance then.” She yelled pulling her out of her seat. Grumbling Abi followed Maya to the dance floor.

Once on the dance floor Abi soon started to cheer up. As they danced Maya spotted a familiar face winding its way through the other customers to where he’d seen Abi and Maya on the dance floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoop! I've got most of my work done already so I should be going back to spending more time on my stories sooner than what I first thought! And I've almost finished writing this story as well! :)
So comments would be lovely as always..... Ah Go on....Go on... Go on....Go on.... Would you not go and leave me some lovely comments? ;)