Status: Complete

For Reasons Unknown

Chapter 49

Maya woke up the following morning hoping that it had all been a terrible nightmare. It wasn’t to be though as she turned over and realised that she really was in her old bed in the flat above the bar.

Sighing deeply she reached for her cell phone which she’d left on the small table beside the bed. She turned it on and waited as a few messages came through. She sighed heavily again as none of the five messages she received were from Brian. At least one of them was from Abi telling her that she’d work the full day for her if she needed and that Austin was covering for Jem again.

Maya thought about how she’d acted towards Jem and decided that she deserved an apology. Maya couldn’t bring herself to do it face to face so she wrote her a message.

“Jem, I’m sorry. I know now that I was mistaken about you and Brian. I shouldn’t have reacted in the way that I did. You still have a job at the bar if you want it. I’m sorry and hope we can still be friends. Maya. xXx”

There was an immediate reply.

“I’m sorry too. I can understand what it must have looked like from your perspective. But I would never do that to you. I’m your friend and I’ll be in work at 5. Xxx.”
Maya smiled and hit reply as she got out of bed.

“Good, I haven’t got the time to look for new bar staff :)”

“So did Brian explain?” Jem replied.

“Kind of. I haven’t spoken to him since he left the ring on the bar.” Maya hit send as she made herself a mug of coffee.

“I’m sure the two of you will sort things out. You’re meant to be…”

“Let’s hope so.” Maya replied as she took her coffee over to the sofa to watch some random TV.

Maya finished her coffee and made herself breakfast before having a shower and getting herself dressed into the clothes she’d bought with Abi the day before.

She then settled down to watch some more random TV for the afternoon. She was curled up on the sofa hugging a pillow as she watched an episode of “Diagnosis Murder” when she heard her phone vibrate on the coffee table in front of her. She lazily reached across to pick it up and flipped it open. Her heart leapt to her throat as she saw it was from Brian. Slowly she pressed the read button and began to read the short message.

“We need to talk. Come by the house at about 7. Bring the ring.” Short and simple.

Maya didn’t know what to make of the message. There were no smiley faces or kisses at the end so was he mad at her? By talking did he mean finish things? Was he packing her things now ready for her to collect them?

Maya checked the time. It was twenty past four. She still had over two and a half hours to kill before going over to the house. But did she really want to go over if he only wanted to get the ring back and give her boxes full of her stuff?

“No, we’re going to sort this mess out!” Maya said confidently to herself as she got up off the sofa.

Maya had taken another shower to freshen up and went down to the bar for a quick drink to help calm her nerves. She’d apologised to Jem face to face and Jem had told her about how excited Brian had been going out to buy the ring and had talked about Maya the entire time and had bought her the necklace to say thank you after he spotted her eyeing it up
when they were waiting for the ring.

She was now stood at the bottom of Brian’s drive looking up at the house. She took a deep breath and started to walk up to the front door. She paused for a second, unsure of whether to ring the bell or use her key. With another deep breath she took her key out of her purse and placed it in the lock and turned. The house was almost in complete darkness, only a small lamp on in the corner of the living room. The only other light seemed to be coming through the kitchen. Slowly Maya made her way through to the kitchen where she saw that the light was actually coming from the back yard. Maya took another deep breath and slid open the door that lead out on to the decking. She took a few steps out and looked around to see that the light was coming from the small floor lights that were scattered across the decking and the candle that was lit on the table.

“I thought I heard the door.” Maya snapped around at the sound of Brian’s deep voice from behind her. “Didn’t think you’d use your key.” He added stepping towards her.

“Sorry, I –“Maya stuttered.

“No, I’m sorry. I fucked up, I was just nervous about getting everything right I –“ Brian interrupted in a ramble.

“You didn’t fuck up. I did. I shouldn’t have jumped to conclu-“Maya began to retaliate but was cut off as Brian took a step closer to her and caught her in a breathtaking kiss. His hands gently caught the sides of her face as hers found themselves at the back of his neck. His tongue traced her lower lip and she immediately parted her lips to allow it to slip into her mouth and entwine in a battle with hers. Maya moaned softly into the kiss just as Brian pulled slowly away.

“I love you so much.” He whispered looking deeply into her eyes.

“I love you too.” Maya whispered back.

“Did you bring the ring?” he asked quietly. Maya smiled and nodded as she took the black velvet box out of her purse and handed it to Brian.

“I really wanted to do this properly you know, your favourite restaurant, a small candlelit table away from everyone else.” Brian told Maya as he slowly opened the box to look at the ring.

“But things don’t always turn out the way you plan them.” He added with a smile as he slowly knelt down in front of her. An uncontrollably large smile spread across her face as he took the ring out of the box and looked up into her eyes.

“Maya Sofia Kinder. I love you more than I thought humanly possible. I want to spend the rest of my life waking up to you in the morning, going to sleep with you in my arms. I want to have children with you, grow old with you. Maya. Will you marry me?” with every word the smile on Maya’s face had grown as a few tears of joy slipped down her cheek.

“Yes” she said the small word almost getting stuck in her throat. Brian smiled as he took her left hand in his and slowly and gently placed the ring on her finger. He then rose to his feet and crashed his lips onto hers causing them both to stumble backwards. Maya giggled into the kiss as Brian picked her up and spun her around.

“I fucking love you.” he said loudly as he put her back on the ground and kissed her again.

“I love you too.” she replied as he kissed her again. Before Maya knew what was happening Brian had picked her up bridal style and was carrying her upstairs.

Once in their bedroom Brian put her down beside the bed and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Maya’s hands caught hold of the hem of his shirt and slowly began to work in up his muscular torso as Brian did the same with her shirt. Once their shirts were on the floor Maya’s hands found Brian’s belt buckle while his lips kissed their way down her neck and along her collar bone as he slowly unclasped her bra and pulled the straps down off her shoulders.

Brian then picked her up and placed her on the bed and climbed on top of her, kissing up her body from the waistband of her jeans. Maya’s stomach flipped as Brian’s lips left a trail of sweet kisses over her stomach and up to her breasts.

“Oh God.” Maya moaned as she felt Brian’s hand slip down the inside of her tight jeans and began to rub her slowly. Moans and gasps left Maya’s throat as she was taken over by the pleasure of the feeling of Brian’s fingers inside her as his tongue swirled around her left nipple. She lifted her hips to get closer to his hand as she desperately tried to get his pants off him.

She gave out another loud moan as she felt a wave of heat flow through her entire body and she began to tighten around his fingers. It was then he pulled his fingers away from her and removed his lips from her. She snapped her eyes open and glared at him. He smiled quietly at her and lowered his head to kiss her briefly on the lips before his attention returned to her jeans and he began to pull them slowly off. He pulled them off with one hand, the other rubbing her gently through the material of her lace boy shorts, making her writhe under his touch. He threw her jeans to the floor before kicking his pants the rest of the way off and removing his boxers. His lips then returned to her body, to the waist band of boy shorts where he took the materials in his teeth and slowly tugged them down.

“Fuck Brian.” Maya gasped as she felt his tongue lick its way back up her inner thigh and lightly skimmed across her opening and over her clit. She lifted her hips to him but he lifted his head away from her and quickly placed his lips on hers as he teased her momentarily with the tip of his hard cock rubbing her clit before he slipped slowly into her. He kissed her slowly and passionately as he thrust slowly into her.

“I love you.” he whispered looking passionately into her eyes.

“I love you too.” she replied breathlessly. “But if you don’t quicken this pace you’re going to fucking kill me.” She added, to which Brian replied with a sexy smirk and a forceful kiss before beginning to quicken the pace.

“Fuck!” Maya screamed at the top of her lungs as she tightened around Brian and spilled over him.

“Oh God” she added as he continued to slam into her at an erratic pace.

“Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.” She moaned loudly as another orgasm wracked her body as he shuddered deep inside her, bellowing her name loudly.

“God Brian. I love you.” she said breathlessly, taking hold of his face in her hands and pulled him to her lips.

“I love you too.” he replied collapsing next to her.

“Do you fancy going out and celebrating with the guys?” he asked and Maya nodded.

“Ok, lets go have a shower and I’ll tell the guys to meet us at The Talisman in half an hour.” Brian said kissing her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I really got you guys commenting with the last two chapters! :)
Ah, there's nothing better than hot make up sex! especially when it's with Brian Haner Mmmmm.......
Anyway! What was I saying before I got lost in my thoughts of hot sex with Brian?!?..... Um, Oh yeah Comments?! They would be great..... :)
And I'm setting the record straight here and now.... THERE WILL NOT BE A SEQUAL!!!!! SORRY :(
But if you really want to go and read another one of my stories then I've decided to start extending Not Up to Me, Not Up to You, which was only going to be a one shot..... Please go check it out :)