Turn The Other Way

Calls.

“Laura, please?” I sweetly asked, pointing over to the fallen remote control. She just laughed and picked it up for me. Yesterday was the surgery. They stuck a scope like thing in me and pulled out some cells. The aftermath of it hurts less than expected, but there’s still pain. The surgeon told me to try and refrain from activities for at least a week.

“Emma, no!” Derek said, causing the baby to cry.

“What was she doing?” Laura asked him.

“She was coloring on the walls,” Derek explained.

“Think you should call everyone? Do they know you’re okay?” Laura asked me after a brief pause.

I sighed, looking at the T.V., changing the channels. Emma started to laugh once her daddy bounced her on his knee. “Yeah, I should, shouldn’t I?” Laura handed me my cell phone and I scrolled through the contacts. I pressed send on a number and listened to the rings.

“Hello?” came the answer of a tired man.

“Hey Daddy!” I said as cheerfully as possible, trying not to worry him.

“Lynn?” he asked.

“The one and only. That I know of at least.”

“So how did everything go?”

“They went good. I’m in a bit of pain, though.”

“When do they find out the results?”

“My doc is putting the express on it, so any time, actually.”

“How’re you feeling?”

“I’m in a bit of pain, nothing more than a tattoo could cause,” It was actually more than that. I just didn’t want to worry him, and in turn worry everyone else. “Did I wake you up?”

“No, you’re fine. We’ve been driving constantly. I’m driving along Matt who’s in front of me right now.”

“Where are you guys headed?”

“Lexington, Kentucky.”

“How is everyone?”

“Good. Worried about you, though.”

“Tell them to give me a call when they can.”

“Well, Matt’s turning so I guess we’re stopping for something. Hold on a sec.”

I heard the background noises: Dad openning and closing the car, taking the phone with him. Another door doing the same.

“Is something wrong?” Dad asked.

“I’m just worried about Lynn, I haven’t heard from her,” Matt’s voice came.

“Dude, she just got out of surgery, like… yesterday. Let her rest,” said Brian, all but yelling at Matt.

“Let me rest, too!” Jimmy said.

“I’ve got her on the phone,” Dad said. As soon as he did, I could tell he regretted it. All the guys had swarmed him, asking if I was okay and what not. “Hold on, hold on. Let me put her on speaker… Lynn?”

“Yeah, Dad?” I asked.

“I’ve got you on speaker. Say ‘hello!’”

“Hey wimps,” I said. Laura looked over at me and smiled, her hand laced with her husband’s they watched T.V. with Emma asleep in between them.

“How is everything?” Jimmy asked.

“It’s good. Just resting. I get the results any time.”

“I was worried,” Matt admitted.

“There’s nothing to worry about,” I told him with a smile.

“How do you think you’ll be by Christmas?” Val asked.

“Depends on how things go from here, why?”

“We get Christmas break off. Thinking you would be able to come down to California to celebrate it with us.”

“Sounds great,” I told her. “How’s the band doing?”

“I’m starving!” Zacky whined.

“Aw, I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, thanks,” Brian said. “While you’re all comfy, sitting down we’re deprived of sleep, food, and showers.”

“Ew. Gross. I’m sorry. But if it’s any consolation, I’ve had my stomach cut into.”

“I’d rather take that,” Matt said.

I thought about it for a moment. “Yeah , I would too. Just to be sure, am I keeping you guys from your travel?”

“No, we should be fine. Ten minutes won’t hurt,” Dad said, helping me ease my conscious.

“Well, I love you guys, and I miss you. When you talk to Val or Gena, tell them hi for me, would you?” I asked.

“Sure thing,” Brian said.

“Are you taking care of yourself?” Matt asked. I’m sure this earned a few weird glances.

“Yeah,” I answered. “Laura’s helping.”

“How’s the baby?” Val asked.

“She’s the same, growing every day. She’s learning the awesomeness of coloring on walls.” Laughter erupted. I really miss these people. “Well, I tell you guys what. My pain pills are starting to kick in, so I’m going to go before I fall asleep on you.”

“Alright, sweets,” Val said.

“When you find out anything, let us know, okay?” Dad asked.

“Yeah, you guys’ll be the first I tell.”

“Alright, well, we’re going to say bye now.”

“I love you!” Brian said excitedly.

“Ciao, baby,” Jimmy responded.

“Bye Lynnie. Love you,” Zacky said.

“Lynn! I love you! Bye!” Johnny said.

“Bye Lynn, Take care,” Matt said. “I love you.” I smiled, and didn’t even hear Val and Dad say their good byes.

“Bye guys, I love you too.” I hung up and placed my phone in my lap.

“Good conversation, I take it by the look on your face?” Laura asked. I nodded, biting my lip.

“Is it weird to say I think I’m falling back in love with Matt, Laura?”

“It is weird,” Derek answered. “Didn’t he break your heart?”

“He did, but… I think I’m falling in love with him again.”

“I just don’t want to see you hurt,” Laura said.

“It’s okay. I don’t think anything will happen anyway.”
♠ ♠ ♠
My plan is going into action here real soon...

Comments? Love? Please and thank you!
Yeah.

i changed the layout. I think it's nifty.