Turn The Other Way

Dating havoc.

“How’s tour going?” I asked Brian on the phone as I put on eyeliner.

“Am I on speaker?”

“Yep.”

“Well, tour is tour, you know. Takes a shitload out of you.”

“I bet. How is everyone?”

“Good. Michelle and Gena went home today.”

“Ah. Why?”

“Gena had to get back to work, and Michelle had to get back to school. So, sista from the same motha, what are you doing tonight?”

“I’m actually getting ready for a date right now.”

“A date?”

“Yeah.”

“With who?” he asked cautiously.

“This guy named Eli. He hangs around the shop a lot.”

“Oh, well uh… I have to go. Matt’s calling me over. We’re about to go on stage.”

“Okay. Good luck. Love you.”

“Thanks. Love you too.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

I hung up the phone and continued with my makeup. Nothing was going to get me down tonight.

Matt’s POV

I waved Brian over while he was on the phone. We were going on stage in half an hour and warming up was a necessity.

“Finally,” I said with a smile. “What took you so long?”

“I was on the phone with Lynn,” he replied.

“Yeah? What’s going on with her? You look sorta… weird…”

Brian shrugged and looked to the ground. “Nothing.”

“C’mon, bro. I know something’s up,” I said, now curious.

“You sure you want to know?”

“Yeah. Tell me.”

He sighed and then looked up at me. “Lynn’s going on a date tonight with some guy named Eli.” My heart dropped. “I don’t know if we should be doing that plan thing.”

She was actually trying to move on while I was stuck in the moment of trying to get her back. She had been long over me this whole time. I’ve ruined it. I’ve ruined every chance I’ve had with her. I took out my anger of the situation on a nearby wall. Brian didn’t do anything; he knew there was nothing to do. She’s my soul mate, and I’ve just lost her to some pussy named Eli. I’ve ruined it. I’ve ruined everything. This is all my fault.

“Matt…” Brian tried. I shook my head and walked away. I needed to be alone right now.

I walked out of the arena, the late afternoon sun hitting me. After a brisk walk, I fell to the ground against the wall.

Only one thought still remained. Have I lost her forever?

I can’t do this. I need her with me. I need to be the one taking her out on dates instead of Eli. Lynn needs to laugh and hold hands with me. I need to be the one paying her dinner, showering her with gifts, be the one able to tell her that I love her every chance I get…

But I’ve lost that chance, and I’m a complete asshole for it.

Lynn’s moved on. I haven’t. There is no ‘getting over Lynn’ for me… and I will look stupid still pining over her.

Oh, God. Why did I divorce her?

“Matt,” Val said softly. I waved her off, but knowing her she wouldn’t go away. “Are you okay sweetie?” I kept looking straight as I shook my head no. “What’s wrong?”

I sniffled and didn’t look at her. “Lynn,” I put plainly.

“What about her?”

“I’ve lost her for good.”

Val sighed sympathetically and knelt down beside me, giving me a hug. I finally lost it. I hugged her firmly back and let everything out.

“Why don’t you call her?” she asked quietly.

“No, I shouldn’t. She’s probably out on her date right now. Wouldn’t want to ruin it,” I said with just a bit of venom.

“Fine, then I will because I don’t want you to feel like this.” She got up and started walking away.

“Val, don’t!”

Lynn’s POV

A knock on the door signaled the arrival of Eli. I smiled and quickly stood up, placing on my shoes. He did tell me just to dress like I normally would. The show and dinner place weren’t that fancy. Exiting out of my room, I walked quickly down the stairs and opened the door, showing Eli there in a black Slipknot shirt and dark denim jeans.

“Hey, how’s it going?” he asked. I smiled and let him in.

“Not bad. How about you?”

“Pretty good. Excited?”

“Yes I am. Ready for some good music.”

“There will be plenty of that,” he told me with a light laugh. My phone started ringing, making me curse silent profanities. VAL showed up on the caller ID.

I sighed and looked at him sweetly. “Sorry, just go ahead and sit while I take this.”

“It’s cool.”

“Hello?” I asked while watching Eli sit and me close the front door.

“Lynn, why?” Val asked.

“Why what?” I said, going into the kitchen.

“Why are you going on a date with that Eli guy? Matt is so broken hearted over it. He’s… he’s crying.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. How did… Oh. Brian must’ve told him. I pinched the skin in between my eyes and crossed my legs as I leaned against the counter.

“Val,” I started. “I’m trying to get over Matt,” I said softly. “And I can’t do that when you’re telling me stuff like that. He’s the one who broke everything off with me. He’s probably just playing with your guys’ head or something. I don’t know, but my date is here and I have to go.”

“Lynn-“

“Bye Val,” I said quickly and hung up my phone. I felt bad for doing that. I mean… Matt was crying. What was I going to do? He’s… who knows where they’re at. I’m here and about to go on a date with Eli. I stuck my phone in my pocket and went to the front room. “Ready to go?”
♠ ♠ ♠
EEP!

I'm so glad with the number of comments I got from the last chapter. That is the turnout I expect, so thank you.

Can you do it again? My WB has gotten a bit better, but it's like swiss cheese... there's some holes. lol.