Touche

I gotta right to be wrong...

“Wait for it…” Jaden held up her hand, “Ouch! ...ok I’m good.” The other person laughed. “And there is daughter number one,” Jaden’s mother spoke as the other person moved aside, allowing Jaden to go through first.

“Why, thank you, good sir.” she smiled then realized what her mother had said, “…wait… I’m number one? Oh yeah! Hey Mimi! Guess what? Mom says that I’m number one! Oh, BURN!!!”

Mimi came hurtling into sight, bellowing, “What!?! No way. I’m so totally cooler than you. Mother, how could you?” she brandished a finger at her mother before rounding on her father, “Dad, tell mom I’m cooler than Jaden!”

“I don’t know them. Nope, they are not related to me in anyway,” Her father mockingly ignored her, speaking to the couple standing next to him instead.

“Daddy!!!” Mimi cried indignantly. Everyone else was laughing. Jaden noticed that there were 6 people there she was not related to; including the boy she ran into. She turned to the boy nearest her and said, “I know, we are just SO entertaining.”

“Yeah, I’m Kevin” the boy said. He was suddenly knocked forward slightly as one of his duplicates jumped in saying, “I’m Joe!”

“And I’m Nick…” the other duplicate appeared on Kevin’s other side. “And we’re the Jonas Brothers,” the three said together.

Jaden stared slightly confused, “Um… ok… Good for you. I’m Jaden, that’s Mimi and we’re the Star Sisters,” she said mocking the way Jonas Brothers sounded when they did their introduction.

“Who’re they?” asked the one named Joe, “A new band?”

“No. Why? Are ‘The Jonas Brothers’ a band?” Jaden cocked her head.
♠ ♠ ♠
As happy as a turtle on a conveyor belt!