The Twins of Light and Dark

Chapter Two- Aley

The room spun and Aley shook his head, “Wow,” he stared, boredly, at his spinning room. He was the youngest child, and twin, of his family. He had dark purple, almost dark blue, hair, compared to his brother, with the same purple eyes. The phone on his computer desk rang, and he picked it up, seeing as he was the only one home. “Hello?”

“Hey, dude. Do you know where your brother is?” the voice on the other end asked. The thing that gave Aley and his brother away was their voices.

“No… he’s like… gone. Why?” Aley asked, still bored. The voice on the other end sighed.

“Where’d he go? College?” the voice asked, “He went to juvey, didn’t he?”

“Nah,” Aley responded, “but I know he’s not here. I’ll tell him to call you if he ever gets back.”

They hung up and Aley spun in his computer chair again. He started to spin, and then stopped, because he saw the edge of something that was sticking out of his desk drawer. He shook his head, pulled it out, and looked at it, adding a sigh at the end, “Jacob’s evil,” he sighed, “I don’t know why he disappears like he does,” he opened the top of the note with his finger.

As Aley slid his finger on the top of the note, and retreated because he cut his finger on the paper, he looked at his blood, lightly tinged blue. He shook his head, in vein, and sighed. He perked up as he heard the sound of the kitchen door opening, “Mom? Dad?” Aley wandered into the kitchen to see the door half way open with the crack filled with white light.

“Aley, come with me,” a voice said, and a boney white hand shot out. Aley took a step back as it tried to grab him.

“Um… no? I don’t know you…”

“You’ll know soon enough, but right now, your destiny is to save your brother,” the voice said, and Aley retreated another step back.

“Okay, Jacob, this isn’t funny,” Aley said, looking at his hand.
“Child! Your brother is suffering because of what you him have!” the voice yelled, “now come with me or you’ll never see your damned brother again!”
Aley sighed, and dropped his head, “Fine.”