The Twins of Light and Dark

Chapter 9- The Plan

Jacob looked up at his brother. Aley and him were making a plan on a piece of paper that Aley had in the backpack, from Tal. Jacob stood up, "Someone's coming," he quietly whispered and looked around the corner. He tensed up at who he saw was coming.

"Who's coming, Jacob?" Aley asked, shoving the papers into his back pocket as he stood up. Jacob didn't answer, "Jacob?"

"I know you're there, children," the figure said, "don't try to run, either."

Jacob laughed as the figure stopped, and five men appeared in the hallway opposite from the two boys. Aley gulped and Jacob walked out to face the figure of himself. "Do you think I'm afraid of you? Think again," he took a few uneasy steps towards the figure, who grabbed him.

"Jacob!" Aley went to grab his brother, but was grabbed himself and dragged down the hallway.

"Still think I'm not scary?" the figure hissed, and dragged Jacob down the hallway where the boys were being tortured. Jacob stopped struggling as they passed two stone statues.

"What'd you do to them?!" Jacob demandly asked. The figure ignored him, opened a door, and forced Jacob into it. "No! Let me out so I can kick your..."

The walls fell and Jacob stumbled backwards. His body numbed, and he shook. He fell to his backside, and shut his eyes, trying to ignore what was slowly trying to devour him.