Shattered By Broken Dreams

Oh So Close.

Two days later after meeting Will, it was soon forgotten. It was like it never happened, and we all went back to the way we were before. Before Will found me. I was sat in Brian's living room, flipping through a magazine. Brian was out buying food. We couldn't be bothered to cook, so he's gone out for Chinese. I was glad to have this bit of space to myself without seeing him or guys around every two seconds. I know it may sound harsh, but it gave me the time think. Think about the lie that i had fed them.

I was still debating to tell the guys the truth, but i know it won't turn out the way i would want it to. That resulted me into lying. I sighed, frustrated. I don't like lying to the guys. I hardly ever lie to them. I've only done it once, and that one lie is what I'm caught up in now. Guilt. Thats all i kept feeling, but it may turn out positive in the end. I threw the magazine onto the coffee table. I couldn't read it. My thoughts have consumed me. Or so i thought. The sound of the door bell brought me back to reality.

I grumbled. See, i can't go two seconds without any of the guys bothering me. Walking over to the front door, i swung it open. "Hey," Zacky smiled.

"Brian's out," I tell him.

Zacky looked me up and down. "Somethings bothering you."

"No, there isn't." I lied.

"Liar," he says, brushing past me and into the foyer.

I sighed again. Closing the door, i turned to face him. "Whatever, Zacky. Brian should be back soon. You can wait in the living room." I tell him, then headed towards the stairs.

Just as i was half way up them, Zacky spoke up. "Its about Will, isn't it?" How could he know? "I can tell, I've noticed you haven't been yourself since you met at the cafe."

Again, i turned to face Zacky. Only this time, he was right behind me. "You're not telling me something," he then says. "I need to know?"

"Why?" I ask, starting to walk back up the stairs. Once at the top, Zacky grasped me arm, and spun me around. "What?"

"Tell me." He said sternly. "Sarah, what are you hiding from us?"

I guess, us, meant him and the rest of the gang. I yanked my arm away from him, but i kept silent. I started to walk to my bedroom, Zacky hot on my heals. I walked in and was about to shut the door before Zacky could enter, but with him being so close behind me, he managed to stop me from shutting the door in his face. He was about to speak, but we heard the front door open. It was Brian.

Zacky looked over his shoulder, just to make sure Brian wasn't walking up stairs. When he realized that he wasn't, Zacky looked back at me and pushed me further into my bedroom. He also walked in, closing the door behind him. Zacky glared at me, he knew he had me and he wasn't falling for any of my lies. As i looked into his eyes, the look of disappointment shone in them. It hurt. I didn't like him looking at me like that.

"You didn't break it off with Will, did you?" Zacky accused. Voice harsh and disapproving.

"Zacky, of course i d-" He cut me off.

"Don't lie!"

I felt tears rising, but i didn't want him to know the truth. He moved forward so we there was only a foot gap between us. His hands gripped my shoulders, giving them a tight squeeze that caused me to flinch. "Do you want me to get Brian up here?" Zacky questioned. I shook my head. "Then i suggest you tell the truth."

That was it, the tears began to roll. "Y-you don't understand..."

"Bullshit."

"Let me speak."

Zacky nodded his head and released his hands from my shoulders. "Go on."

I wiped the tears that fell and moved towards my bed and sat on it. "Something about him has changed," I tell him, rubbing my hands on my thighs to try and calm me down. "When i looked into his eyes, i truly believe he has changed."

"What if its all an act?" Zacky questioned.

I didn't answer. I never really thought about that. But every time i was near him, it was like i was under a spell and i believed everything he said. Maybe it could be an act. The thought began to make my head hurt. I grunted and laid down. I closed my eyes for a mere second and when i re-opened them, Zacky was looking down at me.

"I don't know, Zacky." I said softly.

Zacky flashed a small smile. "I know you might think I'm a complete asshole for doing this to you, but its only because i care and i don't want you to get hurt."

Sitting up, i smiled back. "Thanks, Zacky." I said and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him.

Zacky slowly snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, a little too close. I felt a shiver run up my spine. All of a sudden, i felt nervous and excited to be in his arms. I felt him move, then the next thing that happened, he pulled us both up and twirled me around. I wrapped my legs around his waist and began to laugh.

"Ugh! Now i feel dizzy," he says, stumbling slightly to the bed.

Then he fell, with me still in his arms. The way we landed felt uncomfortable at first - since he was laid on his back and i was straddling him - but then it felt... well, natural. Our faces were already close and were slowly getting closer. Our lips nearly touching and just as they were about to connect, my bedroom door opened.

"Sarah, you're foo- What the hell?"