Shattered By Broken Dreams

And Now I'm Back.

Five years ago, i moved to West Hollywood with my then boyfriend, Will. We planned it for three months and it seemed that we had everything planned out. Everything was going smoothly, that was until our home got raided by the cops six months ago and found over half a million dollars worth of cocaine hidden underneath the floor boards. I had no idea about this. Will admitted to me that the only reason we were able to live the way we were, was because he was selling the stuff on the streets to make money.

So, from Los Angeles International Airport, i flew an hour to John Wayne-Orange Co, Airport, which is close to my home. Huntington Beach. A place where i haven't been for a little over five years. It felt strange coming back, but i had to come back and get away from the shit that was happening back at - what i thought was - my home. Obviously, i was released after questioning since Will confessed to everything. Even though i didn't want to come back here, but i know its the best choice.

"Sarah!" I hear a familiar voice call.

Looking over, i smiled widely. I know i shouldn't have called them, but i had no-one else to turn to. I mean, i haven't got any family for fucks sake. I see these people like my family and i am damn lucky to say they are willing to take me in, even though there isn't enough room.

"Hey," I smiled, giving both, Brian and Suzy a heart warming hug. "I've missed you guys."

"We've missed you too," Brian replied, a cheery smile on his face.

"Here, let me help you," Suzy said, taking hold of my back pack.

Smiling at her, i replied. "Thank you."

After that, we subsided our talk time and concentrated on getting out of this airport alive. Once we were outside, Brian went and fetched the car whilst Suzy and I stood waiting for him. I felt nervous, really nervous. "Does he know I'm back?" I suddenly ask, looking up at Suzy.

"No, love, not yet," she replied, looking at me questionably. "Don't you want him to know?"

"Oh, of course i do," I said. "Its just... I've been away for five ye-"

Suzy held her finger to my lips, cutting me off from my sentence. "Don't you worry about that. I'm sure everything will be fine."

Nodding my head, i looked back down to the ground and whispered. "If you say so."

Seconds later, Brian pulled up in his car. Suzy went and got into the passenger seat whilst i hauled my suitcase into the trunk of the car and then got into the car myself. "By the way..." I said, fastening my seat belt. "I just want you to know how grateful i am for this. I can tell you how much i appreciate this after i disappeared without saying a word."

"All is forgiven, Sarah" Brian said, looking through his rear view. "You was young and naive back then. Look at you now."

I put on a small smile, "Thanks."

Sitting back, i stared out of the car window and watched the world pass us by as we drove. The closer we got to Huntington, the more i got nervous and felt sick to the stomach. Loads of questions were racing around in my mind and yet i could not find an answer for one. I came to the conclusion that i will have to take it the way i get it and see how that goes. It could pass, or it could fail. Only the hands of time can tell.

- - Brian's POV.

"McKenna!" I hollered throughout the house.

Hearing the running of feet coming down the stairs, McKenna came flying around the corner. "What?"

"Where's mum and dad? There car is not outside front." I said, pointing my finger over my shoulder to the drive-way.

McKenna thought for a second and from the the looks of it, it seemed like a light bulb had just turned on above her head. "Dad mentioned something about picking up somebody from the airport. Mum must have gone with him."

I looked at my little sister quizzically. "Who have they gone to pick up?"

"Beats me," she shrugs.

"Er.. alright. I'll wait until they get back then." I said and made my way into the living-room as my little sister ran back up-stairs.

Slumping down on the couch, i reached over to for the remote on the coffee table and turned the television on. I flicked through so many stations, but nothing was on. So finding the channel, Fuse, i left that on and watched the video count down. Which in my opinion, was rather shit. I felt like it was taking forever to watch these damn video's, which also felt like it was taking my parents forever to get back from the airport to pick up whoever they were picking up.

After several more minutes of sitting down and doing nothing, apart from watching a music video count down and chipping my black nail polish, i heard the sound of a car pull up into the drive-way. Standing up from my sitting position, i stretched out and headed to the front door. Swinging it open, i watched my step-mum walk towards me with smile on her face as my father helped a female stranger unload her suitcase from the car.

"Suzy, who's the chick?" I ask, my eyes wondering all over her. She seemed so familiar.

Suzy laughed softly, "You should know."

I looked at her confused, then looked back at my dad with this stranger. Only this time, they were now four feet away from me. "Are you going to move out of the way so we can get in, son?" My dad smiled.

Shaking my head, i smiled. "Er.. yeah, sure. Sorry."

Now that my parents house guest was more up close, i got a better look of her face. She smiled nervously as she walked past me. Her eyes were the most gorgeous blue and her hair was shinier than gold. And that smile, that cute, little, nervous smile i recognized. Then it hit me.

Turning on my heal, i stared at her as she started back. "Sarah?"