Shattered By Broken Dreams

She'll Never Be Alone.

Zackys POV.

After spreading the word to Brian, Jimmy, Matt and Johnny, fury built within them and obviously, Brian was the one that was most upset about it. I lashed out a right rave and took it out on an old plastic table in my back yard. Sarah ran upstairs, tears falling like a never ending waterfall and locked herself in my bedroom. Jimmy went to talk to Brian in the back yard and left me sat with Matt and Johnny.

"Fuck!" Matt cursed, shaking his head. "That girl is fucked up!"

"Hey!" I snapped, narrowing my eyes at Matt. "Fair enough, the girls made her fair share of mistakes, but who hasn't?!"

Matt looked over at me astonished. No wonder either, to say i would usually agree to what ever he usually says about her. Even though he never means it, when i agreed, i meant it. But after what me and Sarah have been through in the past months, i think its clear to say that i truly do care for the girl now and i will do anything to keep her safe. Anything.

"Dudes, just shut the fuck up. Arguing isn't going to help keeping Sarah safe!" Johnny yelled, standing up and walking off outside, probably to see how Brian was doing.

"He's right," I said, rubbing my hands over my face. "Arguing isn't going to solve anything, Will is going to be out of jail in less then two months. That gives us two months to sort something out, to make sure that sick fuck doesn't come anywhere near her."

"I never thought you would fall for her, you know?" Matt said, standing and stretching out his arms. "You care for her a lot, don't you?"

"As weird as it is for to hear, i do."

Standing up also, Matt and I descended to the back yard and found Brian with Raine. She must have come through the side gate. Jimmy and Johnny sat at the patio table having a smoke and was talking amongst themselves, Matt joined them as i went over to Brian and Raine. Smiling at Raine, i placed my hand on Brian's shoulder. Looking over at me, Brian's eyes were blood shot, obviously from crying.

"We're going to keep her safe, Brian. You know we will." I tell him gently, looking at him sympathetically. "I hated to tell you what i did, and i know you thought it was a joke at first, b-"

"I know," Brian spoke, cutting me off. "I'm just glad she finally told you. I'm actually surprised she told you, she never used to speak you, let alone tell you stuff." Brain laughed softly. "But on a serious note, thanks Zack, thanks a lot."

"Don't worry about it, dude. I'm just glad she finally said something before it was too late."

"Zack?" Looking to my left, i looked at Raine who wore a frown on her face. "Where is Sarah? Is she OK?"

"She's in my bedroom, but she'll be fine. Just needs to rid her tears."

Raine nodded her head, then she wrapped her arms around Brian's waist. Brian slowly slipped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her close. Leaving them to it, i went back into the house. Stopping in the kitchen, i got a glass and filled it up with water. Jogging up stairs without spilling a drop. I walked down the hall to my bedroom. Trying the door handle, the door was still locked. Knocking on it softly, i called her name.

"Sarah? Open up, its me."

Hearing the shuffling of feet, i heard her sniffles get louder and louder as she approached the door on the other side. Unlocking it, i walked in and saw her climb back on the top of my bed, holding a box of tissues. Placing the glass of water down on my bedside table next to her, i sat myself down on my bed and pushed myself back to th head board. Patting the seat beside me, Sarah turned and crawled towards me.

Laying down, her head on my chest and her arm wrapped around my torso. My left hand fell into her golden blond hair as my other arm concentrated on stroking her arm back and forth, hoping that it would give her some comfort and to calm her down from crying. Yet, soft sobs were still escaping from her lips as they trembled.

"We're going to see this through, Sarah." I tell her, gently brushing my fingers in her hair. "There's no other, but I'm going to be there one hundred percent."

Tilting her head up, Sarah's dull blue, blood shot eyes stared at me. "But you shouldn't have to," she says, biting her bottom lip. "This is my mess. I'm the one that dug this whole and fell in it. Its my job to find a way out."

I sighed heavily. Grabbing Sarah underneath the arms, i pulled her up more to my eye level and wrapped my arms around her. "To hell with that. We will fight that bastard down, Sarah. Me and you together, this problem is no longer yours. Do you honestly think that me and the guys are going to back down from this now? I don't fucking think so, especially me."

"Zack-"

"No!" I said sharply, making her jump. "I'm sorry, but I'm not allowing it Sarah. In the past months we've become a lot closer, so in this friendship of ours, this problem makes it mine too."

By this point, i was shaking. There was nothing more i wanted to do than rip Will's fucking head off. I won't let him breathe in her scent, i won't let him even speak to her face to face nor over the phone, and i shall not let him see her again, just to get the pleasure of seeing her in the flesh. I don't give a damn how he feels for her. If he loved her that much, he would let her go and forget about her, not dragging her down into a drug world that she doesn't want to live in.

Sarah grazed her hand on my cheek, bringing me back to reality. Looking down at her, i show her a small, caring smile. "I never knew you cared so much?" She said softly, smiling with a slight twinkle in her eye. And i was for sure it wasn't because of her tear rimmed eyes.

Nervously, i lent down and brushed my lips upon hers and cupped her cheeks with my giant hands. Pulling away from her a slight second, i stared into her eyes. The eyes that have caused me heartache through the past months. "You have no fucking idea how much."
♠ ♠ ♠
It pains me to say that this is the end, but don't fear my dear readers, a sequel shall be written. I don't know when exactly, you'll just have to keep an eye out. I love this story too much to leave where i have done.

Obviously, if you read the lyrics to the song Shattered By Broken Dreams, it talking about friendship and still being there for someone, even though they have fucked things up. The sequel will be based on Sarah and Zacky becoming as one.

I just like to thank all of my readers, the ones who commented and to the ones who subscribed. I really do appreciate it. I written many stories, but this has been - by far - one of the best that i have written. And i like to thank you for keeping my MoJo going by your wonderful comments.

Lady SJ xxx