Shattered By Broken Dreams

Just Small Talk.

After a half an hour of waiting on Jimmy, he finally arrived with the alcohol. He burst through the door and ran to the kitchen whilst repeating, 'Heavy, heavy, its fucking heavy'. I chuckled to myself and ran into the kitchen after him. I offered him a hand and placed one of the crates of beer on the kitchen counter.

"Is there any more?" I ask, placing the crate of beer on the side.

Jimmy nodded his head. "Yeah, I'll get it. Its only two bottles of Jack."

"I think we've got enough," I chuckled.

"Not enough for me and the guys to get us wasted," he grinned running out of the kitchen.

I shook my head. It was the truth though, if the guys weren't rock-stars, they would be pro drinkers and conquer the world records every year. Well, i might be over exaggerating, but they could be close enough to. I laughed at myself, imagining them sat in a line next to one another drinking to beat the world record as i opened the crate of beer and began to load it into the fridge to get it cold.

Just as i opened the second the crate, Jimmy came waltzing into the kitchen with the two bottle of Jack Daniels, Zacky hot on his heals. "Jesus, Zacky," Jimmy laughed. "Down boy."

"Shut up," Zacky pouted. "I want some."

"Sarah," Jimmy said, catching my attention. "Catch."

The next thing i saw was two bottles of Jack come flying my way. Catching them, i let out a sigh of relief. Jimmy laughed, then walked off into the living-room where everybody else was, leaving Zacky and I alone. The mood suddenly changed, awkward i would put it. Turning around, i placed the Jack Daniels on the side and carried on loading the beer into the fridge. I could still feel Zacky's presence since i didn't hear foot-steps leave the kitchen.

"Er... have we any coke in there?" he asked me nervously.

Grabbing the coke out of the fridge, i placed it next to the Jack. "Yeah, we have."

I heard him walk closer to me, just because of the fact that i put the Jack and coke on the counter next to me. "Thanks," Zacky said quietly, then began to fumble in the cupboards.

Putting the last bottle of beer in the fridge, i stood up, my knee's cracking in the process since Ive been knelt down for so long. I then took the crate casings and shoved them in the bin that was under the sink. Turning back round, i watched Zacky take two glasses out of the cupboard, then looked over at me.

"Do you want one?" he asks, holding up a glass.

I nodded my head. "Please."

I walked up beside him and watched him mix our drinks. He made both of them a double and then poured in the coke. As he placed the coke down, i took hold of it and put it back in the fridge so it wouldn't go cold and loose its fizz. Turning back round to Zacky, he stood there with both drinks in his hands and stretching one arm out with one of the drinks in his hand. Taking it from him, i flashed him a small smile.

"Thanks," I said.

Zacky shrugged his shoulders. "No problem," he replied, then walked off into the living-room.

Once he walked out of the door, i chugged down my drink that he had made me and sighed. Not happily nor sad, just a sigh, mainly of relief. That is the first time we haven't argued. I smiled to myself, maybe tonight wasn't going to go bad after all, then again, i shouldn't jinx myself.

"Hello!" A loud shout echoed through the kitchen.

Nearly jumping half a mile, i quickly turned on my feet. "Brain you fucking idiot, you nearly gave me an heart attack!"

"Sorry," he laughed. "I thought I'd come and see how you are doing?"

"Why?" I ask, "I'm fine."

"Oh," he replied, nodding his head. "Its just you and Zacky were in here for a full five minutes, alone."

"Yeah, and?" I question, turning back around and made myself a shot of Jack and took it straight.

"It doesn't matter," Brian tells me. "I'm just happy i didn't hear screaming or any of my glasses being smashed."

"You hardly use half of the shit anyway," I chuckled, turning back around to face him.

"True," he smiled, walking towards me and propping himself up on the counter. "Are you Zacky becoming friends?"

I looked at him strangely. "What the hell is with all the questions?"

"I'm just asking," he said holding his hands up in defense. "I'm just glad that you both are not at each others throats."

"Yeah, me too." I said, leaning back on the counter. "Its quite nice not to raise my voice and have you guys nearly pulling me off of him."

Brian laughed at this. "I know, its a nice change."

"You know what?" I said, turning to face him. "It is."

"Good," he grinned, then slid off the counter. "Are the beers cold yet?"

"They've only been in the fridge for ten minutes," I tell him. "Test one out."

Brian pondered and nodded his head and dove into the fridge for a beer as i then walked into the living-room to sit with everyone else. As i sat on the couch between Matt and short ass Johnny, i felt a pare of eyes on me. I looked up to see who it was and saw Zacky's eyes pouring into mine. I felt my stomach twinge with nerves, but i liked it. Maybe Zacky and I are starting a new relationship, but at a slow pace and if i must be honest with myself, i hope it works out.

"The beers cold!" Brian yelled from the kitchen.

Matt and Johnny pounced off the couch, nearly knocking me off whilst doing so, but i managed to cling on. Jimmy struggled to get off the floor, but made it in the end. "Do you want one, Sarah?" Jimmy then asked before he disappeared into the kitchen.

"Jack and coke would be nice, please?" I asked.

"Sure thing, doll face," he winked, then vanished into the kitchen with the guys.

Honestly, it doesn't take four people to get a drink. They could have all just said to Brian, Bring me one in, please? And he would have. Honestly, men can be such dumb-asses sometimes.