Status: ACTIVE

Sounds Coming From Soundproof Walls

It's A Sleepy Episode

From the corner of my eye, as I was about to fall into deep slumber from waiting on the couch, I noticed Alena forcibly dragging all her luggage down the stairs. She wore a vintage scarf as a headband and this bohemian skirt on a white tank top – which made her very hippie pretty. “Let me get that,” I said as I took her back from her hand. And all of a sudden, she dropped all her luggage for me to carry and passed me by. Her perfume smelled strong, most probably a new one. “I’m sorry,” I said, looking back at her as I picked up all her bags. “I asked Sisky to get all of your things but I think he might’ve gotten lost.” I gulped down, choking back the words that, in a way, held me back.

Oh, Sisky.

When I faced front to go down the stairs, I saw that Alena’s eyes were looking straight at me. For a second, our eyes met. I remember that ever since I was young, I’ve always taken the time to stare at the changes going on in her whimsical eyes. At times, they were grayish blue, but most of the time they were an illuminating bright green. Very pretty.

“Oh,” I said in surprise from her gaze, I swore I must’ve blushed like an idiot. “Its kind-of heavy,” I excused. Alena’s eyes were still focused on me, like I was some amazing topic that everyone wanted to know about. Somehow, I felt uncomfortable with it. But then I grew confidence at each time I knew that she was looking right at me; I have her attention. I tried to suppress a smile but I think it came out rather creepily. Now I seriously need to get out of my system right now – or I think I might have nightmares.

“Bill!” Sisky suddenly came out from nowhere, running, holding this huge camera with lenses that are almost as long as my arm. He looked sweaty, and from the looks of it, was busy touring throughout every corner of this huge playground. “Look at this!” He exclaimed, reaching out the camera.

“Don’t!” Alena stood up from her chair, alarmed.

“Huh?” Sisky looked at Alena pensively, studying her. For Sisky, he thought that he was already everyone’s prerogative to always excuse him whenever he does something stupid. This wasn’t the case for Alena; she knew what she wanted – always. And that is expecting everyone to act so proper at all cost. Anyone below that is easily comparable with dirt on the ground. “What’s the matter, Lenny?” He asked dumbfounded.

“You might drop it,” Now, Alena’s eyebrows furrowed down narrowly. I nearly swallowed myself up alive. Oh, Sisky. “Don’t.” Alena’s words were always short and abrupt but they always mean a lot. And by mean, I mean it both ways. You just don’t want to mess with her. Evacuate grounds before the next World War 3 begin right at this very household!

Sisky put the camera on the glass table like it was something contagious. “Aww, shucks, Lenny. You know I was just messing with you.” He nervously joked. “I would never break it.”

“You really shouldn’t.”

***

The three of us were finally on our way to the roster’s bus assembly wherein we are usually given guidelines for the tour and other reminders. It was also the time when everyone from the roster would try to think of other ways to make the tour even more amazing. (I.E: Pranks on the newcomers!) Gabe was often the mastermind.

How glad am I to have Cobra along in the tour?

The whole time during the two and a half hour trip to the area, Alena was asleep as she listened to the music in her iPod. I swore I heard one of our songs play in there. If I could take a guess on it, it would be either Almost Here or 40 Steps. I wasn’t quite sure. Sisky on the other hand was busy taking snapshots of Alena sleeping.

He silently murmured, “I actually had a crush on her ever since the day we got signed, man. Too bad she’s waaaaaaay out of my league.”

Mine too.

Eventually, Sisky fell asleep and dropped his camera on the car mat. It was an expensive one too, and he dropped it just like that. As the car ride progressed, silence loomed me easily. I’m not quite sure of what to feel being in an all-quite serenity. After all, ever since I started this whole band thing, I’ve been with people through and through. The noise actually became my comfort.

When I opened the radio, it let out this piercing static sound that hit my ear like a sword. I turned it off immediately in shock and just focused on driving the whole time. This would have to be one of the most awkward and grueling experiences in my life. Well, it’s definitely down the level from my first kiss and major tour. But still, it’s easily comparable.

And the worst part is: I don’t even know why.

After another grueling hour of asking for directions, I finally parked Sisky's car as neatly as possible. Sisky woke-up just in time. He wiped all the drool that built up on his face with the back of his hand before motioning it to wipe on his shirt. Gross. From the back, however, Alena was still peacefully asleep. She was leaning on the car window, iPod on her hand. Neither Sisky nor I really wanted to wake her up for two very dastardly reasons: 1.) She might get annoyed and give us some major yelling. And, or 2.) She might kick us off not only in the tour but in the roster as well.

I heard Sisky gulp. We were going have to face this most manly way possible.

“ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!”

One!

Two!

Three!

“Shit!” I hissed at a low tone. “Rock can totally smash paper.” I argued silently, frowning at Sisky. Our hands were frozen at the space between us. Sisky had decided to use paper.

I bet my life on rock.

“Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,” Sisky chuckled foolishly, almost sounding cold. How could he let me, one of his closest friends, on to something like this? He even knows my secret: something that Alena should never ever know. Now he does this? Unreal. “And William can totally smash Lenny! Totally bogus, man! Totally bogus!” He repeated insanely.

Fine. I’ll show him.

I’ll show him good.

I frowned sadistically as Sisky one last time before I unbuckled my seat then opened my car door hastily. I clicked the automatic control button keys which opened all the car doors. The whole time, I could just feel Sisky watching me intently. He was silent the whole time, waiting for my every move. I wasn’t sure if he was just plain curious or oblivious to the fact that I shouldn’t be doing this at all – really, really shouldn’t.

Once I opened the door, and I even dared to open it quickly, Alena’s body immediately fell on my hands. Her long hair was all-over the place, it was soft. I finally decided. I will carry her all the way to our tour bus and just build-up all my strength to explain to her when she wakes up later. I started settling my hands behind her back and knees then lifted her up out of the car.

Sisky’s mouth was a huge O.

I easily spotted our bus. I bit my lip as I started feeling wobbly even after just a few steps. Was I seriously that weak or was it just that Alena was so freakin’ heavy? How was that even the hell possible? Standing at 5 foot 4 and weighing probably less than a 120, it’s impossible for her to be this heavy. That’s ridiculous. And as Sisky put it: Totally bogus. Or maybe, it was really just the heat that’s stressing me out.

“W-woah,” I said as I tripped on something, feeling the air rush through my face.

Oh, no, no, no, no way.

Suddenly, I heard someone quickly say, “Got-cha.”

I felt myself land on the ground, feeling a certain back pain aching from my back. Woah! What the heck happened? “Huh?” I stared up at the dark shade from above, spitting out all the dirt coming from inside my mouth before brushing the hair away from my face. “Where the?”

“Looking for her?”

I stood-up and saw the man himself – Gabe Saporta, smoothly carrying Alena. The way he held her was snazzy, like it wasn’t so much an effort. So, it really was the heat. Alena was still peacefully asleep. How can she not wake-up after that? For all I know, she’s awake pretending to be asleep.

Gabe makes me think whether he’s been a pro at carrying passed out girls at parties and bars.

“Yo dude.” I excused, probably sweating from humiliation. “Good call there.” I tried to act coolly. I mean, I’m a guy. How could I trip over a rock? Insane.

“Why if it isn’t the Harper’s baby girl!” He exclaimed, looking at Alena with funny-looking eyes. I wasn’t sure at how to put it – really. I do know, however, that Alena’s much closer to Cobra then she ever was with TAI. She just easily clicked with the people there. “How’d she even agree to this?” Gabe looked back at me with the weirdest smile ever.

“Long story.” I tried to make it short and casual; Alena might wake-up at any given second. If I don’t put her inside the bus, she WILL yell. That much I was sure of.

“So she’s staying with you guys?”

I walked up to Gabe to take Alena back in my arms. Gabe swooped Alena down easily. Like it was not like it was much of a big deal. It was amazing how he did it though. “Vicky would’ve been more thrilled if she would’ve stayed with us.” Gabe said, putting his hands inside his pocket. “Take care of the kiddo ‘kay, Bill?”

Is he implying that I won’t? Seriously.

“Yeah, will do,” I said, watching Gabe turn and walk away.

As if I didn’t remind myself enough.

The bus was completely empty the very second I got inside. I decided to put Alena down on the couch gently. She was still asleep as I could hear her deep breaths, slowly on interval. Now that I remembered, Sisky didn’t follow. I wondered why. I’m sure he’s got the whole bag thing situation under control by now. And even though he acted like one, Sisky would never forget to close the doors like an idiot wouldn't. After all, it was his. I just offered to drive so I wouldn't have to feel the awkwardness of having to talk to Alena the whole ride.

I sat beside Alena and watched her briefly as she slept. Call it Twilight crazy or something, but there was something serene on Alena’s face as she slept. Like there was nothing to fear, no problems – at all. I guess we all have the same look on our faces whenever we slept. A look that is peaceful and beautiful with only silence as our witness.

I closed my eyes – thinking.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Before I knew it, I was asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
It'll get better. Promise. :)