A Route to Follow

Chapter 7

-Ray’s P.O.V.-

I was already in bed when Jules walked into the room. She closed the door quietly and lazily made her way over, collapsing next to me on the mattress.

She knew I was awake and snuggled closer. “I was just attacked by two hormone-driven teenage girls for twenty minutes,” she said sleepily, finishing with an exhausted sigh.

“What was it all about?” I asked, giving her lips a swift kiss, wrapping my arms around her waist as she crept down under the covers.

She groaned audibly, banging her head into the pillow a couple of times. “Pippa’s childhood friend, Tom, has contacted her through MySpace, and it means ‘squeee!!!!’ ‘cause Oh my God, he is soooo fit!! and blah, blah, blah,” She babbled, throwing on a British accent for her quotation.

I chuckled, amused by her explanation, because even though both Peace and Pippa were twenty, their minds tended to slip to the ecstatic ages of fourteen – which in Peace’s case was quite understandable seeing as her older sister often acted five when, really, she was twenty-five. Didn’t bother me much though; very amusing truth to be told.

“Holy shit! Do they ever stop going at it!?” Jules demanded angrily and I couldn’t really react in other way but laughing.

“Nope; I’ve known Gee for quite a while now and both him and PJ are pretty… energetic, so, uh; No, I’m pretty sure they never stop going at it,” I told her, accompanied by the loud noises from the other side of the rather thick wall.

She sighed. “I guess we’re just going to have to deal then…”

“Mhmm,” I agreed, tucking her head under my chin as she rested it on my chest.

“They are being really loud, though,” she mused, tracing random patterns with her fingertips, creating a tickling feel through the fabric of my T-shirt.

“Mhm,” I agreed again, feeling my eyes getting heavier by the second. “We should go to the movies or something when we get back home, I suggested out of the blue. Simple because I could. I could just tell my girlfriend, ‘Hey, let’s go to the movies’ and we would and it would be great and it felt great, having someone to share things with. And I was glad my someone was Jules.

“Yeah, sounds good,” she said, lifting her head to look up at me. She smiled, planting a soft goodnight kiss on my lips.

I cuddled closer, as close as I possibly could without hurting her. We both breathed out with some contented, simultaneously, before we let sleep have us.