For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

In the ER

“Oh my gosh, Gerard. I’m sorry it took so long for me to get here.” I apologized upon entering his room in the ER.

He grinned when he saw me and perked up a little more.

“It’s only been twenty minutes.” He wheezed, still smiling.

“Why are you talking like that?”

“I have three broken ribs. One of them is pushing on my lungs.”

“Oh my gosh.”

“Want to see the bruise?”

“Ok.”

Gerard shyly lifted up is hospital gown, past his belly button and stopped around his chest. I gasped. The left side of his abdomen was bruised a grotesque purple and black color the size of my hand, possibly bigger. There were a couple little lumps where his fractured bones got dislocated and almost poked through his skin.

I felt a little nauseous, but that was rather rude considering what kind of pain Gerard must be in. He pulled his gown back down and I sat in a chair that I pulled up to the side of the hospital bed. We were alone.

“Are you going to tell me how this happened?” I wondered, taking his hand in mine and leaning towards him.

His contented expression disappeared as he spoke.

“My dad. He was drunk and caught me coming home and started yelling at me. He said some really nasty things and I got really mad. I tried to punch him, but barely made contact so he threw me on the ground and kicked me until he heard my bones break then he left the house.” Gerard explained quietly.

“Oh, Gerard.” I whimpered. “Why didn’t you tell the doctors what really happened? They told me you fell of your roof. Your dad shouldn’t be treating you like that.”

“I didn’t want the police to take me away from him because then I would have to live with my aunt in Chicago and I’d never see you again.”

“You mean… you’re taking all this abuse for me?”

“Yeah.”

Our conversation was cut short when a doctor came in. He asked Gerard how he was feeling then asked me if I was his girlfriend. Then he broke some news, telling Gerard that he would have to have corrective surgery within the next few hours so that his bones wouldn’t stay the way they were now.

Gerard’s hand shook in mine. His pale face got even paler as the doctor explained the procedure. It sounded rather simple to me, but Gerard was scared out of his mind. When the doctor left I turned back to Gerard.

“Gee, I’m going to call my mum and tell her that I’m going to stay here with you for the night. She’s in the waiting room right now and she can go home. I also want to ask if you can stay with us for a while until you feel all better. Then if you want to go home you can.” I told him, pulling out my cell phone.

“Thank you, Bridgette.”

We grinned at each other and I called my mum. She said she was fine with everything. I was so glad because I know the last thing Gerard would want to do is go home to his dad after he did all this to him.

“You know, you’re going to miss a lot of school.” I reminded him.

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“I’ll skip with you tomorrow and probably Monday. I want to make sure you get on ok.”

“You’re amazing, Bri.”

“Oh you’re too kind.”

“Gerard.” The doctor stated, reappearing in the doorway. “Ready?”

“Not really, but yeah.” Gerard replied reluctantly.

I squeezed his hand and gave him a little kiss telling him, “you’ll be ok.”

They wheeled him off and I was left in his room alone. It would be a few hours before he came out of surgery. It was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw! He's ok!
I love this story... =]

Comment bitte!!!

~BeNJi