For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

My Knight In Shining Armor

Later that evening, Gerard and I were sitting on the floor in my room finishing our homework. As I put the finishing the touches on my history paper, I flashed back to what had happened during lunch today. I looked up and smirked at Gerard. He peered over his math book at me and raised one eyebrow.

"Why so cheeky, Bri?" He inquired, setting his book down and smiling at me.

"Nothing...I was just thinking about what you did earlier before lunch. I didn't really get to thank you."

"Oh, honey, it was nothing. What are friends for anyway?"

I scooted across the carpet and leaned on Gerard's shoulder. He put one arm around me and I put both my arms around him.

"Cupid hath pulled back his sweetheart's bow to cast divine arrows into her soul to grab her attention swift and quick or morrow the marrow of her bones be thick with turpentine kisses and mistaken blows" Gerard recited gently, stroking my hair.

I giggled and looked up at Gerard.

"You're so corny."

"What? It's a great song!"

"Yeah, but you couldn't think of something original?"

"Uh, do I look like a musician?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. He sighed, defeated.

"Ok, don't answer that. How about this? Stand up tall, don't let them see your back. Take my hand and never be afraid again."

"Aw, that's beautiful. Did you just make that up?"

"Kind of. It's a little tune I've been working on for music theory."

"I can't wait to hear it."

I buried my face into his black t-shirt. My mind swirled with images from the past of Gerard and I. I'd had a troublesome childhood. I was a bit of a rebel. My mum put me in therapy when I was ten. She said I was neurotic, but I guess I must have done something right to deserve Gerard, my knight in shining armor.

"I love you, Gee."

"I love you too, Bri."
♠ ♠ ♠
Expect a lot of updates for this story soon. My computer crashed last week so I've had a lot of time to think, but no time to write.

Lyrics from 'Cupid de locke' by the Smashing Pumpkins and 'Our Lady of Sorrows' by MCR

Comment to keep me going.

~AsHy