For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

The Number 1 Countdown

"Welcome back to Dick Clark's Rocking New Year!" The TV shouted at Gerard, my family, and I.

We all sat quietly and anxiously on the couch. Only five minutes to go. Gerard and I clung to each other as the cameras swooped over the massive crowds in New York City. Four minutes to go. David, Gerard, and I began rising off the couch.

"Is this your first new year's celebration, Gerard?" Mum wondered.

"With someone I love? Yes." He answered smiling down at me.

"Aww!" Mum and I cooed.

Dad and David pretended to gag themselves. I ignored them and clung to Gerard.

Three minutes to go.

I noticed David went into the kitchen and came back with a disposable camera. He tore off the plastic wrapper and looked back at the TV.

Two minutes to go.

My parents propped up out of their sleepy daze and smiled at each other. Gerard's grip around my waist tightened.

One minute to go.

The energy in the crowd in New York grew exponentially. They began to count down.

30, 29, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24, 23, 22, 21, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10...

Gerard held me even closer and we turned toward each other. David raised the view finder of his camera to his eye and pointed it in our direction. I don't know what he was trying to do.

5...4...3...2...1

"Happy New Year!!" We all cheered.

My 'year' was cut off by Gerard's lips crashing down onto mine. I saw the flash of David's camera go off through my eyelids. Mum catcalled and I held back a laugh. Gerard and I broke apart and looked at each other with googly eyes.

"It's a good thing we like you, Gerard or I would have put you on the street for that." My dad mocked.

I rolled my eyes and Gerard put his arm around my waist, smiling smugly. After about half an hour, Gerard I retired to bed for the night, or what was left of it. When we were changed into our pajamas, we each laid on our sides on the bed, facing each other, but not touching.

Gerard smiled and sighed, relaxing into the pillows. I did the same and looked up at him, my eyelids growing heavy.

"One more day." I whispered, feeling the scratchy feeling in my throat as if I were to cry soon.

Gerard looked at me sympathetically and scooted closer. He touched my cheek with the back of his hand and then put it behind my neck, pulling my head into his chest. I wrapped both my arms around his thin waist. He kissed the top of my head repetitively.

"We'll make it the best d*mn day ever." He told me.

That was a promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww how sweet. Sorry I haven't posted. I've had homework to no end.

Comment pllleeeaaassseee

~AsHy