For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

Teasing and Conflict

My brain clicked on sometime the next morning. I opened my eyes a little bit to see only darkness. I thought maybe it was still early in the morning, but I realized my face was still smooshed against Gerard's chest.

"Are they seriously still asleep? It's past noon already!" David whispered incredulously to whomever he was talking to in the hallway.

"It's none of your business, David. Now come help mummy make a pie for dessert tonight." Mum told him.

I stifled a laugh as they walked downstairs. I nestled deeper into Gerard's t-shirt. He was awake too. I could tell because he lifted up the back of my t-shirt and began gingerly running his fingertips up and down my spine. I arched my back and let out a little squeak. He laughed darkly and kept doing it until I sunk my teeth into the flesh over his collarbone just hard enough to get him to stop.

"That wasn't very nice." He mumbled, rubbing the spot where I'd bit him.

"Well you shouldn't have been teasing me like that." I remarked, getting off of him.

Before I could swing my legs over the side of the bed, Gerard grabbed my forearms and yanked me down on top of him again. We were eye level. His eyes were blue today. It's a rare sight to see his eyes blue. They're really pretty.

"Tease." I muttered.

He grinned and pecked me on the lips.

"Tease." I repeated, starting to giggle.

I tried to kiss him back, but he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me back just a little so I couldn't reach him.

"Gahhhh!!" I cried out. "F*ckin' tease!"

Gerard pushed me off of him completely and erupted with laughter. I slapped a hand over my mouth and tried to listen for footsteps in the hallway. Nothing. Good.

Gerard was now clutching his stomach, his eyes teared from laughter. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. I plucked a purple Abbey Dawn shirt out of my closet and some dark blue skinny jeans. Gerard was trying to control himself and I left the room, headed for the shower. Twenty minutes later, Gerard went and showered and when he came back my jaw dropped.

"What?" He inquired.

"You look so nice." I told him.

Gerard beamed and modeled his outfit. He was wearing black-wash loose-fit jeans, Adidas sneakers, and a solid black button-down shirt. The first two buttons were undone, the sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, and his ear lobe-length black hair was teased to the side so it looked windswept. He was gorgeous to say the very least.

"Thank you." Gerard smirked and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "Let's get some breakfast."

I nodded and we walked downstairs together. Mum and David were in the kitchen covered in flour.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up." Mum teased, pounding pie dough with her fists.

Gerard and I rolled our eyes and sat down at the table, where Mum had already placed bowls, spoons, cereal and milk on the table for us. That was nice of her.

As we were preparing our breakfast I heard Gerard kick one of his shoes off and then felt him stick his foot up the leg of my pants. I did the same to his. Both of us ate our cereal as normal, but kept playing footsie under the table.

"Guys, stop foot f*cking!" David yelled.

"Excuse me?!" Mum shouted, appalled by David's language.

"Sorry." He grumbled.

Gerard and I burst out laughing. We snuck our feet back into our shoes as we finished our cereal. Mum put her pies in the oven and then turned towards us, wiping her hands on a dish towel.

"David, Dad, and I are going to grandmum's at 3 o'clock. You two can stay here for an hour so Gerard can start packing. Then I'll come get you guys and bring you over. Ok?"

Gerard and I nodded, exchanging solemn looks. I totally forgot Gerard would be leaving tomorrow.

Around 3, just like Mum said, everyone left except Gerard and I. Instead, we stayed in our room. Gerard's duffel bag was sitting on our bed. I stood at our dresser and started pulling out his t-shirts. I sniffed, feeling tears in the corners of my eyes. Gerard's face had gone paler than usual as he folded the shirts and wedged them into his bag.

Next I took out all his jeans. Mum had really loaded him up on clothes over Hanukkah since he didn't have very many to begin with. Lastly was his hoodies...and underwear, but he got all that. I pulled out his Misfits hoodie, his Green Day hoodie, and the new Watchmen hoodie I'd bought him for Hanukkah. It was his absolute favorite.

Gerard took the Watchmen hoodie and laid it on the outside of his bag, on the bed. It was on top of a plain white t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I assumed he was saving them for tomorrow.

I walked around our bed and picked up Gerard's art box off the floor. When I set it next to his bag I cracked. All the tears that had been stalled in my tear ducts came out, pouring down my face like a waterfall. I just couldn't take it anymore.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Gerard gasped.

"I don't want you to leave tomorrow. I never want you to leave." I whimpered.

Gerard wrapped me up in his arms and stroked my hair slowly. I sobbed quietly into Gerard's shirt for a moment until he broke the silence.

"I know you don't want me to go, but I have to." He said casually.

I scoffed and pushed him away from me.

"You say that like you actually want to go!" I yelled furiously, my mood dramatically swinging from sadness to anger.

Gerard looked stunned. I ran out of my room and down the stairs. Gerard was quick to follow.

"No, Bridgette! Nothing like that!" He yelled after me.

He caught me in the alcove beside the guest bathroom and somehow managed to pin me to the wall by clinching my wrists over my head. He's only aggressive when he's upset. I wanted to fight back, but I didn't want to hurt him.

"Bri." Gerard said sternly.

I turned my head away from him, fresh tears streaming down my face. Gerard put his hand gently on my cheek and turned my face to look at him.

"Don't you think for one second that I want to leave tomorrow. The very last thing I ever want to do is leave you, Bridgette." He told me firmly.

His hot breath scorched my skin. I had my eyes tightly closed, but when I opened them I saw his face was so close our noses were touching. His eyes were red and filled with tears as well. I sighed angrily, but relaxed a little. Gerard finally let me go. My wrists were red and throbbing very faintly. I looked down at them and then at Gerard. He moved towards me to give me a hug, but I slapped him across the face just hard enough to make him gasp in pain.

"That was for p*ssing me off!" I shouted.

As Gerard rubbed his cheek I grabbed the collar of his shirt and yanked him towards me, crashing my lips onto his. I nudged him back after a moment and he looks so horribly confused.

"And that was for slapping you...I'm sorry, Gee." I apologized quietly.

This time we hugged and I didn't hit him. I even kissed his cheek, where it was red and tender, just to make it all better. Gerard grinned and we walked back up the stairs to finish up what we'd started.
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured their relationship needed a little conflict. Sorry I took so long. This chapter took forever to write!!!

Comments please!!!!!

~AsHy