For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

The Lucky Ones

1 Year Later!!

It was March of my senior year. Gerard and I applied to all the same art colleges, hoping we were accepted into the same one. David all ready got accepted into a medical college in Michigan and Ericka was given a volleyball scholarship from Ohio State. I didn't worry too much about where I was headed as long as I was with Gerard.

One evening we were eating dinner and I could see a little extra gleam in Gerard's eyes. He was planning something. I tried to ignore the incessant smirk on his face as I ate my food. After we all bussed the table I left the kitchen. Halfway up the stairs I felt a hand in mine. I turned around. Gerard was four steps down, looking up at me hopefully.

"Want to go on a walk?" He wondered.

"Sure." I replied.

I went back down the stairs and we headed out the front door. Hand-in-hand we strolled along the sidewalk. Gerard led me to the park and all the way to the swing set. We each took a seat and swung back and forth. The park was a bit crowded since it was finally spring. Very few people venture out of their houses before March. Some don't risk it until June, but today was a beautiful evening.

When Gerard and I finished swinging we got up and walked along the path through a tunnel of short trees. We were all alone. Gerard stopped and twirled me around gracefully.

"Bri...?" He began.

"Yes, Gerard?" I replied, not sure what to expect.

"Will you go to prom with me?"

My face lit up. I was not expecting that, but that doesn't mean it wasn't welcome.

"Gerard!" I exclaimed, grinning from ear to ear. "Is that even a question?"

"I don't know, is it?" He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Of course not. Yes! Gerard, I will certainly go to prom with you."

"Yay!"

Gerard hugged me and kissed me briefly on the lips. Both of us were laughing like little kids. We hate dances, but my mum had convinced us to at least consider senior prom. After all, it was our last school dance opportunity.

"Ooh, I'm so glad you said yes." Gerard groaned quietly in my ear, holding me tight to him.

"Were you expecting me to say no?"

"No, but I know you don't like dances so I was nervous. I really want to go to this dance. I especially want to go with you."

"Why?"

"Because I want to show you off as my gorgeous girlfriend. I know you'll make all those bullies jealous."

"Stop, Gerard. You're making me blush."

We both started laughing again. My cheeks got hotter and hotter. Gerard kissed me several times all over my face then looked at me.

"Gosh, Bri, you're so beautiful." He gushed.

"Aw, Gerard. You're so sweet! I love you!"

I buried my face in the crook of Gerard's neck. He kissed my hair. I thank God every night for letting me be the lucky one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww!!! I am still in an amazing mood so we still have happy chapters!!!

Comments? I want someone to comment who doesn't usually comment!!!

~AsHy