For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

Someday This Day

Our two year anniversary was on Halloween. Gerard and I spent the whole day together because classes were canceled for the day. They were afraid too many people would be partying and drinking to even attempt to teach us anything. Believe me, Queens is a really tame college, but that doesn't mean there aren't parties!

Craig invited Gerard, Melissa, and I to a particular party in the senior lounge. How he was able to get in I have no clue. Melissa obliged immediately, having still not found a boyfriend.

"We're not really party people." Gerard told Craig honestly.

"Yeah, we like reading and drawing and being alone." I added, smirking.

"Fine, suit yourself, but if you want to come down tell them you're with me." Craig said coolly, popping the collar on his shirt and leaving the dorm.

Gerard looked out into the hallway and his eyes widened. I looked beyond Craig's shoulders as the door began to shut.

"Marcus?!" Gerard shouted incredulously.

"Gerard!!" A guy called back.

The door swung open again and the same dark-haired boy I met a few years ago bounded into the room. He and Gerard tackled each other in a friendly embrace.

"Dude! How come you never told me you were going here?!" Gerard yelled, giggling like a little girl.

"How come you never told me?" Marcus fired back.

"It's so good to see you!"

"You too, man! Nice to see you again as well, Bridgette."

The boys separated and stood a few feet apart. I smiled at Marcus.

"Likewise."

"Yo, Marcus!" Craig called from the hallway. "You coming or not?"

"Uh, yeah!" He replied. "I'll see you guys some other time. Nice to see you though."

"Later, dude." Gerard grinned, shaking Marcus' hand.

Marcus smiled at me again and headed out the dorm, shutting the door behind him. Gerard looked at me, a little extra glint in his eye.

"Now that we're alone..." Gerard sang airily.

We were standing in the middle of their dorm room. Gerard stepped to the side and turned his radio on. Cupid de Locke started playing quietly. Gerard smiled and started leading me around in little circles. Towards the end of the song Gerard leaned in by my ear.

"Happy anniversary." He mumbled against my hair, slowing down his movement to hug me as the song finished off.

As Galapagos started playing Gerard and I kissed long and passionate. Gerard took my hands and held them up to my shoulders. He let go of my left hand then picked it back up. He parted from our kiss for just a second. We both kept our eyes closed and our foreheads together.

"Marry me some day." Gerard whispered, slipping what I assumed to be a ring onto my finger.

"I will."

END
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh.My.GOSH. It's over! I can't believe it!
I tried to make it as long as I could for you guys. I just love the image of them dancing and then Gerard giving her the ring. *melts*

I want a comment from EVERYBODY!

I MIGHT post a scene in the future of this story in my one-shot collection 'The Boredom Files' so if you want to go subscribe to it. =]

I love you guys and thank you all so much for making this story so popular and successful!!! I am working on editing it and possibly getting it published for real. I think that would be amazing so look out for it. =D

~AsHy