For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

Telepathy

My mum was right. Gerard regained his consciousness and sat up on the cot. He looked alarmed by all the people around him.

“Feeling ok, Gerard?” The nurse inquired.

Gerard nodded his head, his eyes darting around the clinic. Mum offered to take him home with us so we all walked out. David got in the front seat and Gerard and I slid into the back.

“So, what happened to you guys?” Mum asked.

“Tyler was making fun of Gerard. They wouldn’t go away so we punched him and a war broke out.” I explained.

“You both punched him?”

“Yeah, Gerard was really kicking butt.”

I grinned at him and he shyly raised the corners of his mouth as his cheeks turned pink.

“I take karate.” He told me so quietly he may not have said it at all.

“Pardon?” Mum interrupted.

“He said he takes karate.” I repeated.

Gerard suddenly grabbed his backpack and dug through it. He pulled out an index card and a pen. He scribbled something down and handed it to me.

Tell your mum my address. It’s 96 Garden dr.

I nodded and told mum the address. We got to his house and parked in the street. I looked at Gerard’s house. It was a little bungalow with an overgrown yard and its gutter was hanging ominously from the roof. I frowned a little bit. I became curious to know what Gerard’s life was like outside of school and why he was so closed up.

Perhaps his parents were abusive or alcoholics and that’s why he’s so shy. He doesn’t get love so he can’t give love. I can’t tell for sure, but if that’s the case then I hope I can help him.

Gerard muttered a thank you and jumped out of the car, scurrying to the front door and going inside. Mum didn’t stick around long enough for us to check anything out.

“This neighborhood gives me the creeps.” She said, speeding away quickly.

David turned around in his seat and shot me a look. I got some twin telepathy vibes and could tell that he and I were thinking the same things about Gerard.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOh, what's going on???

Comment please

~AsHy