For the Last Night I Lie, Could I Lie With You?

Love Addict

On Saturday, my mum drove me to the library about ten ‘til 6. I sat on a bench right inside the building and waited for Gerard to come. As the hands on the clock on the wall touched the twelve and six, I saw Gerard walking in the parking lot. He stepped inside the door and saw me. I grinned at him and we walked back into the library.

“Did you walk?” I asked him quietly.

He nodded.

“You live kind of far to have to walk.”

“I walk everywhere. My parents have no car. The police took it when my mum got arrested for DUI.” Gerard explained in his same almost silent voice.

“Oh…wow.”

He and I decided to sit in the back of the library behind a bookcase of travel guides. I sat down and he sat down about a foot away from me.

“I don’t bite.” I told him, patting the open space right beside me.

Gerard sighed and sat so our shoulders almost touched. I inhaled, ready to start talking.

“Gerard… you really make me think.” I whispered.

“I do?”

“Yeah, you do. Do you trust me enough to tell me about yourself?”

“Uh…yes, I think I do.”

Gerard began telling me his life story. He said his family used to be very warm and close until his mum tried to have another baby when he was five years old. They lost the baby and his mum was never really the same again. She blamed his dad for it and he blamed her. They began fighting a lot and turned to alcohol and drugs. Eventually, they forgot about Gerard, but when they did remember him… it wasn’t pretty.

Gerard said his mum was arrested for DUI just before summer vacation last school year. She was put in jail so Gerard’s dad took him and moved so she wouldn’t be able to find them later on. That’s why he had to start at my school.

“So that’s basically why I’m so quiet. At home I got hit for talking about things especially my dead brother. I’ve learned to keep my mouth shut.” He said sadly.

“Aw, Gerard that’s horrible.” I whimpered.

I moved towards him and he flinched violently. I ignored it and continued to wrap my arms around him in a hug.

“What are you doing?” He asked urgently.

“Hugging you.”

“Why?”

“To make you feel better. Have you never been hugged?”

“Not since I was really really little…I kinda like it.”

Gerard blushed and put his hand on my back. I pulled away from him. This was obviously quite awkward for him.

“Thank you for telling me all that. I’m sure it felt good to get all that out in the open.” I said softly.

“Yeah, it did feel good. Thank you for giving me someone I can trust.”

“It’s no problem. Now, remember, Gerard. You have to get love to give love.”

He nodded understandingly. I was going to ask him a few more questions, but we got shooed out of the aisle by an angry librarian who was muttering something about crazy teenagers.

By the time the library closed, my mum came to pick me. I offered Gerard a ride home, but he declined it.

“I’m worried about my dad seeing me come home in a different car.” He informed me.

“Oh ok, well be careful. It’s getting dark.”

“I will. Bye Bridgette.”

“Bye Gerard.”

Gerard hugged me and went off on his way. I noticed a small smirk on his face. I think he’s been turned into a hug addict. That means I’ve got a good start for my plan to save him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit to the amazing Family Force 5 song by the same name.
Gerard is slowly coming out.

Comment please.

~BeNJi