Marie Romanov Is Missing, Not Anastasia

***

"Marie, let's go!" Gramndmama said in her no nonsense voice. What was going on? Something horrible must have happened.

" Grandmama... My porcelain doll!" Anastasia exclaimed and Grandmama's eyes softened. Anastasia was always her favorite. But she liked me because I was closer to Anastasia then any of my sisters. Grandmama gave Anastasia the Porcelain doll and gestured with her hands.

"We must go, young ones." She said and we obeyed her command. She was our grandmama. I heard a noise that chilled my body. I turned toward a window to look outside. But Grandmama pulled me away and I was left with a sense of realization that something horrible was going to happen and was happening to all of us. I knew that politics were having problems, but I hadn't realized the real danger. The dress I wore was heavy, with jewels covering every inch. It was for our protection, we were told by Papa. I wasn't so sure, but I was happy I got to wear such a beautiful dress.

"We must go take a picture and then leave right away." Grandmama was saying and we only nodded. Anastasisa was clinging to doll to herself. I had a feeling she realized what was going on. But she couldn't know the terrible things that would happen to us if things were to go wrong.

"After the picture, we are to eat ice cream Anastasia. Papa told me." I said and Grandmama looked at me with alarm in her eyes but hten quickly covered them with a mask of gratitude.

"Really?" Anastasia exclaimed and so did Alexis. My young brother. I wish that none of my family was in this mess. But sometimes things happen that you will always regret. I suddenly had the urge to use the restroom.

"I will catch up with you all in a few minutes. I must relieve myself." I said politely.

"You must hurry, child." Grandmama urged.

"I have to go too." Alexis exclaimed and grabbed ahold of my hand.

"We will hurry Grandmama." I said and she nodded and rushed off with Anastasia.

Me and Alexis found the nearest baathroom in the palace and did our buisness. We came out and started in the direction Grandmama had told us we would be going. I heard a shout and stopped dead. It was a shout of anger. An order. I picked Alexis up and hid behind a standing armor guard and pulled my dress close to me.

"What are we doing Marie?" Alexis questioned my actions and I quieted him as the footsteps got louder. He grew quiet as he heard them as well. The footsteps started to get faint and then we could hear them no more. That's when we heard it. The gunshots, the loud cries of our family. Everybody was getting shot and we were standing here listening to their terror. I heard Papa's voice crying out. I heard the servants cry out. I heard Mama and Anastasia crying. But There was more gunshots and more screams. But I still heard crying. Were they all going to live? No. Papa I could not hear anymore. I could not hear the servants. Just Olga, Anastasia and Mama. But not Grandmama. She left probably to go get the cars ready as they all took the pictures. But the pictures were a lie. I heard one last cry and then nothing. My family was dead. I had nothing left but Alexis.


If I would have known that I would never see my youngest sister, Anastasia again... I would've taken her with me. If I would have known I would never have seen any of my family members again, I would've gone with them. Would've died with them. Or saved them somehow. My brother died within a few eeks of running. I buried him on a side of a road. I will find it when I will not have to hide any longer. I marked his resting place with a stone ith his name carved in it buried in the ground with the A sticking out barely. I should be able to find it once I start to look.
On the run.
What a life for Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaevna Romanova.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got the idea for this story when I was watching the movie Anastasia today. A couple years ago it was announced that it wasn't Anastasia that escaped but Maria and Alexis. Instead of having Maria dying with Alexis I twisted that part to give Maria the ending she should've gotten, but Anastasia got instead. ((Don't get me wrong. I love Anastasia! But Maria should've gotten a movie as well))