Marie Romanov Is Missing, Not Anastasia

Running

If I was smart I would've dressed differently and gone and found a family to live with. But no. I ran. I ran as fast as fast as I could. Everything was building on me. My problems with what had happened, the gun shots, my families cries. Alexis holding me, begging me to bring Mama and Papa back. I heard the gaurds shout that someone was missing, the dress starting to weight me down, Alexis dying in my arms because I had not taken care of him properly. After hearing that we were missing I ran back to our quarters and changed into our peasant clothes. I packed the dress and other valubales. Alexis stayed in his suit. We had no time. I grabbed his blanket and dashed with his hand in mine out the door.

Then he had died. I felt horrible. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pursue this life of running without him. He hadn't even lasted more then a couple of weeks of running. I was almost out of Imperial Russia.

I felt my family looking down at me. I could feel my fathers cool stare looking down at me with sympathy. I felt like I had betrayed them. Maybe I should die as well. I wouldn't have survived if I had not had to relieve myself. But I had and this was what I got. I hadn't been killed with them. I terribly wish that I had died with all of them. Then I wouldn't have death staring at me from behind. I could see it and nobody else could. I was terrified.

"Miss. Could you move please?" I heard from behind me and jumped out of the way in shock. I was not used to any of this. Being treated this way. At all. I saw a pawn shop. I wanted to sell the dress, but couldn't bring myself to it. I brought out a golden egg that Olga had given me. It was a small egg. It could get me enough money for a month at a pawn shop.

I walked into the store and looked around. There was a bunch of stuff that began to fascinate me so I began to look around. There was an ancient scroll that was fake. I could just tell. Books were my favorite and this writing was fake compared to the pictures that my artist had painted.

"May I help you?" I heard a scratchy voice behind me ask and I whipped around. The old man in front of me looked eerie in the odd lighting and I was a little scared he wouldn't take the golden egg.

"Yes, sir. I was wondering how much I could possible get for this golden egg." I said and pulled the egg out of the knapsack. The eerie man's eyes glazed over and looked at the egg with lust.

"200."

"200,000?"

"No. Just 200."

"I don't think so sir. This cost more then 200. Certainly more then 200,000. I will give it to you for 500,000." I started to use my negotiating skills.

"400,000."

"500,000"

"490,000"

"500,000"

"500,000"

"Deal." I spoke up and he cringed.

"Let me get the money ma'am." The eerie man said and went behind the counter to get the money. I had him count it out for me. He was short by 100,000.

"Your missing 100,000." I said plainly.

"Your smarter then you look young lady." he said and got the rest of the money out.

"Thank you for your kind words." The eerie man just shook his head and handed me the money. I handed him the egg and left the store. I had more then enough to get through a month of running. I was good for at least 4 months if I was careful.

Those first couple of years were horrible. All my belongings were at Grandmama's. So I didn't know if I should go see if she is still among us or if I should just hide. All I had was the dress and the golden eggs that hand't meant much to me. I bargained all those years and it was hard to keep going some months. But After the first 5 years of running from Russia and Hiding, I read a newspaper.

And in it was my name as well as Alexis' name.