A Soul From Unknown

Chapter One

It was a beautiful day. It was my mommy’s birthday. She wouldn’t tell me how old she was though. My daddy was taking my mommy to a casino in Connecticut. She seemed very excited about it. They were taking me because there was a daycare for me to stay in for the few days.
We were on a ferry from long island to Connecticut. I can remember it like it was yesterday. We were sitting for a really, really long time. Then all of a sudden there was a jerk and everyone went flying forward.
The sirens from the boat were so loud. It felt like it punctured my ears.
“Get the boats ready!” screamed the captain over the intercom.
We ran outside. Everyone was pushing to get into the little life saving boats. Then we heard a sharp whistle and everyone stopped dead in their tracks. “All children are heading to the dock first! All parents and adults will have to wait for the next shift of ships, or until the coastguard gets here.”
Suddenly the ship’s bow flew up into the air. It all reminds me now of the titanic, but on the long island sound, and with a ferry. My mom and dad grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I was so scared. My dad tried to hold onto a rail, but failed, and we fell down and into the water. There were scattered life savers on the water. My mom grabbed onto one and led me to it. My daddy swam to it. The water was cold. We were in it for a while too. I was getting really cold. My mommy and daddy kept asking me simple questions to see if I was still awake and hadn’t passed out or froze.
“Tell mommy what your age is sweetie.”
“Five.” I answered softly.
“Hang in there honey. The boat will be here to pick you up soon, and then your mommy and I will meet you at the dock.”
“Yes dear.” My mom must of thought I was getting drowsier, because she asked me another question quickly.
“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
“A detective!” I said with the most excitement I could get out of me.
“Is there anymore children!” a loud voice said over the mist of fog.
“Yes! My daughter Jenny!” yelled my mom.
A boat fallowed her voice and took me out of the water. I gave my mommy and daddy a kiss goodbye, and the boat drove away.

That was the last time I had ever seen my parents again. The next seven years of my life were in a foster home. The next three years, are the ones that made me feel like I was in hell. I was beaten, yelled and screamed at, and thrown out of the house in all those god-forsaken years, by Kali and Damien my ‘parents’.
I miss my parents dearly, and I wish that I could of done something for them. I wish I could see them one last time.
I miss my parents, my real parents.