A Soul From Unknown

Chapter Two

I woke up from Kali slamming her fist up against my door and screaming, “Get up you waste of space!” I opened my eyes and saw my incredibly small room. I slept on a mattress lying on the floor. “Come on Jenny! Get your ass downstairs and make breakfast for us!”
“Ok Kali!” I yelled as I threw my sheets off of me and ran out of my room.
I made scrambled eggs with toast. Two plates, one for Kali, and one for Damien. I was rarely aloud to eat breakfast. I ate the scraps left on the pan, and then went out to the stables to fill the horses’ food. We lived on quite a large farm. Down from the farm was a lake.
I never went into the lake. Ever since my parents’ death, I was afraid of the water. I would never go swimming. I wouldn’t even rest my feet inside in it!

I didn’t go to school. Damien and Kali always thought it was a waste of time. I still wanted to be a detective. I still tried to achieve that goal. I would read up on the internet when I was aloud to go on the computer. I only had five minutes on it though. I worked hard to learn as much as I could.
I didn’t have any friends. No one even knew about me. Hell! No one would care even if they did know me.
“Hey! Thing I call my daughter! Get the fuck over here and do your chores QUICKLY!”
“Yes Damien.”
I ran over the chicken coop and separated the good eggs from the bad, and put a couple aside for chicks to be hatched. Then I went and milked a cow. I went over to the porch and churned some butter.
When I looked at the clock I saw it was 11:50, and knew I had to make lunch. It had to be ready AT noon, or else I would get a beating. I asked Kali and Damien what they wanted for lunch. Both wanted grilled cheese sandwiches.
Of course that took a very long time, because we didn’t have nearly enough cheese for Damien.
When I got back from the place we kept the cheese Damien and Kali were sitting in the kitchen, waiting. It was 12:04, and their food wasn’t ready yet.
“Where is our food Jenny?” asked Kali.
“It’s almost ready.” I said as quickly as possible.
“You’re very late! We want our fucking food now you piece of shit!”
“I understand Damien! I’m making it as fast as I can!” I said with tears in my eyes. I knew I was going to get a beating for making they’re lunch late.
“Obviously you’re not making it fast enough!” he yelled.
“Yes sir.”
The sandwiches were ready at 12:09. Kali and Damien were very angry. “Sit there, and wait for me to finish you little fucker.” Said Damien. I did as he said.
When he finished, he walked over to me and pulled me up to my feet by my ear. His fingernails dug into my skin.
“No! No! Please don’t!” I screamed as he pulled me onto the back deck.
“Please don’t Damien! Please! It won’t happen again! I swear! Please don’t! PLEASE!”
He ignored every beg I said. He found a block of wood lying around on the deck and laid me down over a piece of tree trunk. I was crying hysterically now. He raised his hand, and came down with a large amount of force. I felt the spiny wood hit my bare back. Splinters were puncturing my skin.
Again he raised his hand and came down with even more force. I pleaded even more for him to stop. He ignored even more, and beat me one last time.
He threw the block of wood into a pile of others, and shoved me off of the tree trunk. I fell to the ground and cried even more. I felt my back. It belt like I was attacked by a porcupine.
I screamed at every splinter I attempted to pull out. “Shut the fuck up and get over it!” screamed Kali.
I slowly got up to my feet and walked into the kitchen to clean up. Then I went back to do more chores.
My last and final chore was to make dinner. I made a beautiful salmon dinner. I was pleased with the result and smiled. Kali and Damien walked into the kitchen. “What are you smiling about?” said Kali.
“Nothing.” I said.
Damien gave me a piercing look. I served him and Kali dinner. “Oh! For once you made something worth looking at, and eating!” said Kali.
“Yes. It does look quite pleasurable. You may eat with us tonight Jenny.” I smiled when I heard that. He even called me by my own name without punishment in his voice. Jenny. Instead of waste of space, bitch, piece of shit, fucker, or even slut.

We finished dinner and I cleaned up and immediately went to bed. I felt my back from earlier and cried. “Oh mom! Why did you have to leave me! I miss you! Please come and save me from this place! I hate these things I call my ‘parents’! Please save me! Daddy come back and help me! I love you…” I cried into my pillow. Then there was a slam on the door and “Shut up and go to sleep!” fallowed it.
As usual, I cried my self to sleep, knowing this is not a dream. And I that the same thing is going to happen tomorrow.