A Soul From Unknown

Chapter Three

And in fact, the same thing did happen. Same chores, same punishments, same old nightmare.
Although, there was one thing different.

After I made dinner, I was told I needed to get in a boat and pull up the traps for fish that were set out in the lake.
Damien knew I hated the water, he knew that I would rather be beaten seventeen times, then go out and do something in or on the water.
“But Damien! Please don’t make me go out onto the water! You know I’m terrified of the water! Please don’t make me!” I pleaded as he dragged me outside and to the dock.
He plopped a bag of old chicken legs, and an empty bag onto the boat.
“Stop your whining, and listen to these directions! Ok, when you pull the traps up, CAREFULLY, you put whatever is edible in the empty sack. Then you take a chicken leg and refill the traps.
Got it?”
Before I could even nod my head, Damien had already said,
“Good.”
And walked back to the house.
I crept onto the boat and screamed when I felt it shake a little. When the boat stopped its rocking, I grabbed a paddle and struggled my way to the first trap. I pulled it up, and found bait fish, a few nice sized fish, and some snake-like thing. I put them all into the empty sack, and refilled the trap.
I let it down gently and began to paddle again.
Every time I hit the water with my paddle, I heard a faint scream. It sounded like it was coming from under water.
I looked down.
Nothing.
I began to paddle again. The screams grew louder, and scarier.
“This is all a dream, this is all a dream.” I said to myself as I stopped near the next trap.
I pulled up the trap and found almost all the same stuff, except, this time I found a finger.
I screamed an ear deafening scream and dropped the trap that was full of all the fish, and the mysterious finger, back into the water and paddle as fast as I could back to the dock.

I lept onto the dock and ran as far as I could to the house.
I stopped and thought about the sack of what I had gotten from the one trap.
I didn’t want to, but I had to run back. I dropped down onto the boat and grabbed the sack.
Suddenly, when I looked up, I saw a girl in a torn dress that was drenched with water and sea weed.
She was standing on top of the water and had an envious look on her face. She was in the middle of the lake, and staring straight at me. I couldn’t move, I just stood there, wide eyed. She started to walk closer to me.
I still couldn’t move. My legs were saying run, but my mind was saying wait. Without a choice, my body fallowed my mind and I didn’t move.
She got closer and closer, only about 20 or 30 feet away from me now. I finally had the will to run.
I ran as fast as I could. I don’t think I’ve ever ran that fast in my life.
“The sack!” I said as I stopped short and turned around.
The girl was on the dock now, and kicked the sack into the water. She was so eerie looking. I think she is a ghost. She started to walk toward the house.
I ran inside and shocked Damien and Kali.
“What the fuck!?” They both yelled.
I stood there, this time not able to speak.
“Well!?!” said Kali.
I dropped to my knees and cried loudly.
“What the fuck happened out there….and where’s my fish?”
“The ghost girl! It was horrible! She was so scary! Please! Please don’t make me go back there! Please!”
“What ghost girl?” Damien said as he looked out the window.
“There’s no one out there. Get to bed! You just wasted me a large amount of fish!”

I got to my room and fell onto my mattress. I didn’t fall asleep, I just laid there and prayed to God that she would never come back. Little did I know, that she would be coming back, more unexpectedly then I thought.