A Soul From Unknown

Chapter Four

The next few days I wouldn't dare go near the lake, or any kind of water.
Every night I stayed inside and had my window closed. I didn't look out the window, or go near the window, I didn't even think about the window.
At night, Damien sent me out to the stables to feed the horses, their last meal of the day.
"And don't screw it up!" he yelled as walked to the barn.
I got a bucket full of grain, and walked to each stall.
The only unusual thing was that the last stall was empty. I just thought that one of the horses got loose, and it wasn't a big deal because the gate was locked now.
I went into the stall anyway to fill the grain up.
I turned around to go to the next stall, and there she was. The same eerie girl that was on the lake. But this time, she was up close. She reached out to try and grab me. I screamed, and tried to run through her. She was a ghost after all. It didn't work though, she was as solid as a rock.
I tried to get around her, but I couldn't. She kept blocking me.
Then I heard a voice cry out, "Bella! No Bella! Don't! Not tonight!"
I knew that voice anywhere, it was my momma's!!!!!
"Momma? Momma?! Where are you momma? Where are you!?!"
No answer.
The girl turned around and walked away. When I went to look at where she went, she was gone.
I couldn't believe I heard my momma's voice. It was so good to hear it, even if she didn't answer back, it was great to hear it.

I walked back to the barn with a smile.
"What are you so happy about, I heard this scream, it almost lasted forever. What the hell was it?"
"Oh, that must have been one of the horses neighing."
I walked up to my room, and went to sleep.