Help Me up When I Fall

Freedom's End

It wasn't long before it was the day before Christmas break and let me tell you, I was not looking forward to it. A whole week and a half stuck with the Malfoys. Getting one present while Draco gets tons, getting all dressed up for the Christmas party, and then getting all dressed up again days later for the New Year's Eve party. Absolute torture, no way I was looking forward to it.

I was packing my clothes gently into my trunk...okay, not really. I was throwing them violently into my trunk, not even bothering to fold them. It had taken me an hour to put all my clothes in and another thirty minutes to make them all fit and have the trunk close (and the clothes still aren't folded). It was then that I remembered I had a History of Magic essay to work on during the break. Groaning in frustration, I started to searh the dorm for my book.

"Woah! It looks like the room was robbed." Jasmine Rimonds - one of my roommates - said as she came into the room. I looked around and realized all the damage I'd done.

"Haha, sorry. I'm trying to find my History of Magic book so I can do my essay. I didn't mean to make this big of a mess." I apologized.

Nah, it's fine. I think I saw your book downstairs though." She told me.

"Thanks." I said while heading for the door. I reached the common room and started searching for my book.

"Jess, what are you looking for?" Someone asked. I turned around to see Lee and Fred standing there.

"I'm trying to find my History of Magic book. Have you guys seen it?"

"I don't think I've seen it. I usually ignore books, though. So I might've seen it and don't remember. Sorry." Fred said.

"And I know I haven't seen any random History of Magic books lying around." Lee said.

"This isn't helping me at all!" I shouted.

"Woah, someone's a little crabby." We all turned and saw George walking through the portrait hole and into the common room.

"I am NOT crabby!" I yelled as I threw a pillow at his face. He caught the pillow and just stared at me. Lee and Fred, on the other hand, quickly backed up looking terrified. "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell." I apologized.

"Aww, what's wrong?" George asked as he bravely walked up to me and put his arm around me.

"I have to go home tomorrow." I groaned.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Lee asked.

“No, not really. My parents are really strict and I’ll probably get yelled at for not having hundreds in all of my classes. Plus the fact that we’re going to have a really boring Christmas Party and a really boring New Years Eve party…it’s just going to be a horrible break.” I explained.

“Ah, I’m sorry.” Lee apologized, looking less scared of me now. I shook my head at him.

“It’s not your fault or your problem. You didn’t know.” I told him.

“You could always stay over with us for Christmas. Our mom would love you.” Fred offered, stepping closer and also looking less scared. I shook my head at him as well.

“Sorry, I don’t think that’d work. My family believes holidays are meant to be spent with family. As much as I’d like to be anywhere else, I have to be home. Have to keep up appearances and all that stupid stuff.” I sighed, wishing that I was able to spend the holidays anywhere else. Out of the corner of my eye I saw George looking at my sympathetically. I got out from under George’s arm and saw my book lying under a desk in the far side of the room. I picked it up and headed back towards the stairs.

“Hey, Jess.” George called.

“Yeah?” I asked, turning back around.

“I feel really sorry for you. Your family sounds a lot like the Malfoys. And I know how horrible they are.” He said, still looking sympathetic. I forced a small smile.

“Yeah, I know how they are. They’re at every one of the parties.” I answered before going back upstairs to pack. There, that wasn’t a lie. I do know how they are and they are at every party. I told myself. I got to my dorm and finished packing (my clothes are actually packed this time). I spent my last few hours at Hogwarts hiding out in my dorm drawing random things before I finally fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, it's finally up. I know this is filler-ish and I know everything's moving fast. I just want everyone to see how long they've been friends before I bring in the drama that may or may not ruin everything in Jess' third year.