Hello, I Dislike You Intensely. Have a Nice Day.

Alex's Responses.

These are exactly what the title promised - what Alex replied to all of my entries up to the point where I stopped posting them.

Response to Entry #1.
Dear Dani,

Whoa, Dani? As in the same Dani in my English class? Seriously, what are the chances that I, someone in that same class, would find your paper? That's really funny. And kind of cool too.

That is really messed up. Honestly, are you going to be going through your mid-life crisis or something before you get to sit at the grown-up table?

You'd better join the musical then, haha. I wouldn't want you losing any limbs.

You're bipolar? I never knew that. I mean, I barely know you, so that should probably be expected. It's just, I had a cousin once who was bipolar, and he really did end up killing himself. But this was a long time ago, when I was about five, so I really don't remember much about the incident.

Wait, you ripped this paper up and threw it away? Then how am I reading this? Whoa...it's like the Matrix.

Response to Entries #2 and #3.
Dear Dani,

Well, that explains things. I didn't actually think she was serious either; I thought she was saying it just to scare us. But I do that a lot - think something is a joke a long time after I was supposed to realize it actually wasn't. Like the time my other cousin miscarried her baby. But again, I was pretty young. So I guess I was just expecting there to be a baby, and when there wasn't it made no sense to me.

Response to Entry #4.
Dear Dani,

I have heard of guerilla art, and I love the concept of it. I've even tried to do some, like making anonymous messages and stuff, but, stupidly selfish as I am, I get too attached to them in the process of making them and I just can't put them out into the world - where they'll get blown away and trampled and ripped. So I've just got a drawer of awesomely awesome guerilla art that will never see the light of day. It's the dumbest thing ever.

Yay, I've read To Kill a Mockingbird! That must mean I'm sophisticated. Haha.

Response to Entry #5.
Dear Dani,

I agree, chatrooms are like stagnant ponds churning out pedophiles and ridiculously issue-ridden people. (Yeah, I'm so sure you were raped 11 times by your neighbor.) And that thing with the x's in people's usernames was cool at first, but it's kind of getting old now. I hate the overuse of x's too - I think someday all the x keys on those people's keyboards will rise up against them and torture them in small but painful ways.

I've skiied once, and actually sort of liked it, but it was the sun scorching a flourescent red swath on my face in the outline of my skiing goggles that made me hang up my skis for a while.

That's really sad about your friend...and weird about your other friend. I hope she didn't die...

Response to Entry #6.
Dear Dani,

Oh my God, that is hysterical. Skipping people? I have never heard that before. It would make a very colorful funeral oration, though.

Ah, I remember that conversation well. Interesting to hear your side of it...and that's all I'm going to say on the subject. For now, anyway.

Response to Entries #7 and #8.
Dear Dani,

God, I'm sorry you have to feel that way, but honestly? I don't think there's anything wrong with you. I read a book once where one of the characters was bipolar, but she said the only thing wrong with her was that she moved through life differently than everyone else. And I kept thinking about that, and I realized the truth in it. We all have different ways of dealing with life, and this is yours. I don't get why society has to freak out over stuff like that, but then again, that's probably what makes society, society.

Aw, poor teddy bear. And that's so sad about Roger...I hope you see him again somehow.

Response to Entry #9.
Dear Dani,

So you did ditch. Aha, I had a feeling you were telling the truth.

In a tree? Are you serious? That's really funny! Have I told you how much I look forward to reading your entries? They're always funny, or interesting, or both.

Response to Entry #10.
Dear Dani,

Yeah, yeah, blame me for everything, why don't you?

Oh yeah - I was going to tell you that I'd found all your entries. But I couldn't do it. I didn't want you to get all panicked and stop writing. I like reading what you write. I really do. Did I tell you that already? Yeah, probably. Oh, well - you just got to hear it again.

I love e.e. cummings! And that play sounds epic. I didn't even know we had a play - of course, football and cheerleading are of exponentially more importance than a silly old play anyway.

I mean, musical.

Not a response, but written anyway:
Dani,

Why'd you stop writing? Did I do something? I bet I did; I do stupid crap a lot without even noticing, so I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I said something dumb, or did something dumb; I didn't mean it.

I shouldn't have told you what I told you in the mall. I really did mean what I said, but I still shouldn't have told you. I mean, I have a girlfriend and everything. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm sorry again. I know things are all weird between us now. Can we pretend it never happened?