First Day Back

Chapter 1

“Ameera, sweetie, wake up,” Shukri Conrad said as he shook his daughter lightly.
“Ah, please Dad… Just five more minutes…”
“Mimi, you have to get up! You don’t want to be late for your first day back at school,” he said.
“Huh?” Ameera said, lifting her head ever so slightly off of her pillow. Mr Conrad reached over to the CD player and tuned the radio to 5fm, “Don’t you remember? I suppose you’ve got jet-lag. You’ve been in Canada and America for the past 4 months shooting Camp Rock 2. That friend of yours, what’s-his-name, he’s asleep on the couch. Ah, you should go wake him up.” As he turned to leave, Ameera’s cell phone started to ring.
*Told you I made dinner plans. For you and me and no one else…*
She knew it could only mean one thing; her best friend Raeesa was calling her.
“Hey, Rae!”
“Hey Mimi!” the voice on the other line was a welcome sound as Ameera hadn’t spoken to her in ages.
“What’s up, Rae?” she asked groggily.
“Oh, I just called to remind you that today is the talent show so you need to bring 15 bucks and you can wear civvies!”
“Ah YES! Thanks for calling me, else I’da come in my uniform,” Ameera said.
“OMG, Mimi! You’ve SO got an accent!!!”
Both girls laughed.
“Anywho, I’ll see you soon!” Raeesa said, still half-laughing and she hung up.

Joe woke up to the sound of Miley Cyrus’ hit single ‘7 Things’ which was, ironically, written about her break-up with his younger brother, Nick. He started tapping his feet to the rhythm. He opened his eyes slowly only to find himself lying on a plush dark brown couch in a small living room and he was very confused. Then he remembered. 'I’m in Ameera’s lounge. We’re supposed to be going to her school…' he moaned 'oh, man…'
He got up and walked the short distance from the living room to the hall, where Mrs Conrad had put his suitcase the night before. He turned to look out the window. Who opened the blinds? As he was contemplating what he should wear to an all girl’s high school, ‘Azraa, Ameera’s sister, walked in wearing her school uniform.
“Morning Joe!” she said cheerfully.
“Morning…”
“Are you trying to figure out what to wear?” she asked him.
“Yeah, I’m not too sure how people dress here, and I sure as heck don’t know how to dress for a girls’ high!” he said, freaking out.
‘Azraa laughed and walked over to his suitcase. She looked inside and pulled out a pair of black skinnies, a white t-shirt and his signature ‘Joe Jonas’ sun glasses with a white rim.
“Here,” she said handing the selected items to him, “you’ll really make an impression with these!”
He took the clothes from her and made his way to the bathroom to change. As he walked past Ameera’s room he could hear her singing along to one of her McFly cds. 'What an incredible voice,' he thought, 'I’m so glad they found her.'

‘Azraa watched as Joe stopped outside her sister’s room. 'Oh, she is so darn lucky to have Joe Jonas! But, why would he have chosen her? I mean, there are so many beautiful, talented girls in Hollywood, why my sister?' 'Azraa thought, confused. She didn’t realize it, but the answer was very obvious.

“Do ya do ya do ya love me? Don’t wanna hear you say may-hey-hey-be! Won’t you tell me, do you love me? Cause I wanna know!” Ameera was so excited that she sang at the top of her lungs while she got dressed. 'What to wear, what to wear…' She decided on her black skinnies, blue t-shirt, All Stars and patent leather waistcoat. 'Now this’ll show those girls at school. I can just see their faces now; me- Ameera Conrad- walking into school looking like a rockstar, with Joe Jonas on my arm! Oh, they’ll be so jealous!' she thought to herself.
“Come on guys!” Ameera heard her dad calling, “I’ve got you’re lunches and breakfast’s gonna have to be toast! We’re late!”
Oh no! She crazily ran around her room trying to get everything that she might need for her first day back at school. 'Space-case, exam pad, school bag. Check, check, check.' She ran a brush through her hair and sped out of her room.
“Morning ‘Azzie,” she said to her sister, who was already sitting at the counter eating breakfast. She grabbed her and Joe’s lunch and stuffed it into her bag. At that moment, Joe was coming out of the bathroom.
“Morning Mr. Rockstar,” she said, taking in his handsome features and super-star air.
“Morning,” he replied, “am I ready to go to school? Do I look OK?”
“You look awesome,” 'and so will I when we get there,' she thought.
“Okay you two,” her dad said, “let’s get going. Take a slice of toast and get your glutei into the car.”
Ameera and Joe laughed and did as they were instructed.

‘Azraa was the last to leave the house. She turned to close the door and gate and as she got to the car she noticed that Ameera was getting into the back seat next to Joe.
“Oh no, Mimi!” she called, “it’s an odd day. You’re in front.”
“That is true,” her dad said, “come on, Ameera, to the front.”
“Whatevs,” Ameera said, getting out of the car and into the passenger seat.
'Yes, now I get to sit next to Joe Jonas!' 'Azraa thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gosh, if only this could come true... ;-)