Will She Find Her Name In the California Cement?

Content In The Same Old Shtick Again...

“Maybe what’s an omen?” my sister asked nosily. She had just caught up to me and was now on her tiptoes, trying to see over my shoulder.

“Nothing.” I shoved the map into my sweatshirt pocket and didn’t think about it until later that day.

The bus came to a screeching halt in front of the stop and we got in.

I pushed my way through the rows of little kids and sat down in an empty seat, all the way in the back. The bus pulled away and I was off to yet another brain-melting day of school.

It continued to rain and I stared blankly out the window as trees, houses, and mailboxes rolled slowly by. My earphones, which were shoved into my ears were blaring Panic! At the Disco at the moment and I was slipping off into a daydream.

I groaned silently when the bus came to a stop in front of my town’s small high school. I had been hoping that the bus ride would last forever.

The middle and high schoolers got off the bus in a single file line and I headed up the parking lot to the high school doors.

“Aidan!” someone shouted my name. I spun around to see who it was.

It was one of my best friends, Sherry. As a 19 year old senior in high school and the eldest child in her own family, she understood my feelings of angst better than any other friend of mine.

“Hey, Sherry,” I greeted as she walked up beside me.

“So, how’re you today?” she asked.

“Not bad,” I answered, “but not much better than yesterday, or the day before that, or the day before that…” I trailed off.

“I know the feeling.”

“Well, at least it’s raining,” I said. “I really do love the rain.”

“So do I, but I’m soaking wet now so let’s hurry up and get inside.”

We rushed through the doors just as the first bell rang. I walked quickly to my locker, put my stuff away and had just enough time to get to History class before the first bell rang.
Not more than ten minutes into class and a feeling of pressure alerted me to the fact that I really, REALLY had to go to the bathroom. I tried to hold it but when it got to the point that my legs were shaking I stood up, went to the teacher, and asked permission to go.

“Okay, but you’ll miss some notes.”

I didn’t care whether I got all the notes down or not so I practically ran out of the room and dashed to the bathroom.

Once my bladder was relieved I slipped my phone out of my pocket, turned it on, and slid the keyboard out.

I knew that Sherry was on the bus to the nearest job training center, Vo-Tech, so I figured she’d have her phone on.

[Text Message]

ScreamingInSilence- Hi, ho, Sherri-o!

ExtraordinarySherry- Hi Elise.

ScreaminginSilence- I knew you’d have your phone on.

ExtraordinarySherry- Yeah. How are you texting without getting caught?

ScreamingInSilence- Bathroom.

ExtraordinarySherry- Ah.

[End Text}

All of a sudden, a large crash of rolling thunder erupted from the sky, followed by a bolt of lightning. The lights flickered, and the whole school lost power. I could hear people all across the school uttering shouts of surprise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this one is a little short. Let me know what you think! Oh, and the first couple chapters are kinda fillers, but trust me, just bear with me and it'll get more exciting.