‹ Prequel: Damnation
Sequel: Salvation
Status: Completed.

Creation

Chapter Eleven

A CLONE?!

I can’t believe what I just read. The book is still open, sited on my lap, and my eyes fumble through the words over and over again. They are still there, and they’re the same. I can’t stop reading the same sentence.

I knew that they would create perfect clones of the person in my mind.

It’s hard to believe. This man has created a clone of myself to be his daughter’s company. That’s what I understood from the text that I read quickly after that. I guess he was the one who I saw inside that room, but it confuses me. This clone is meant to make her believe that I came to save her, but she probably still is inside that mirror, because he was looking attentively at it. It makes some sense, but I still don’t understand. How can she feel better by his presence if she’s inside the mirror and he’s outside? How can it help her?

Oh God, why me? Why did I have to be the one she admires? If she didn’t, I would be with Leana and my son. We would be together and happy, but instead I’m stuck in this place, with a magical mirror that seems to hide a new dimension on its inside, with a sad girl that admires me and feel comfortable with the presence of a fake me, with a clone of myself who this man has created with a spell and I didn’t know! WHY ME? I sigh. My mind is killing me with questions, with images of my Beautiful and of this tiredness of spending so much time awake.

I sigh again. I look at the open book on my lap for countless moments. I’m not reading; I’m just staring it as my mind is also empty. I feel like I’ve stopped in time, but I’m awake. I’m starting to think. I read in that book that there’s some clone of myself breathing this same air. OMG, two Jimmy in the same world! Unbelievable… It may be dangerous to have another one like me around… I laugh in the back of my mind at the thought, but it’s not funny anymore. He was created to make Niamh happy again and for that I know that they have to be together. Unexpectedly I find myself wanting them to be together, maybe because my heart is melting with love, but I guess that the main reason is that what I want the most is to put this clone away from my world. It may sound a mean attitude, it sure is actually, but if he wants, he can ruin my life and my career. So if he was created to be with her, I should help him to fulfil his Destiny, right? I read again what’s in the book, trying to find a way to do it…

I just want my daughter to be happy again so I used my ‘ghost abilities’ to get the real one in here to help the clone to meet Niamh. Yes, they can meet. Someone just has to wait for the sun to go down and the exact moment when, from that room, the Earth surface seems to touch the middle part of the Sun, the clone must be pushed into the mirror, one hand in front of his face and the magic will work for itself. That’s how it’s written…

Okay, this part of the text wasn’t there before and I’m getting scared of the whole situation. I came here in blindness and just from one damn book I know that there is a clone of me staring some mirror and a girl stuck inside of it, living in some kind of a parallel dimension. Then I find that I was sent here by some ‘ghost abilities’ in order to push this clone into (or against…) this mirror to fulfil his fate of loving her and being with her.

Well, there’s something I don’t understand either. If he is a clone of me, created as my image at the presence, does he feel the same I feel – loving Leana and being a father – or was he given a new heart and a new wave of feelings? I guess I can’t get the answer to that question until I find again that room where he is, probably still staring at that mirror where he’s supposed to be so that he can hold that Niamh girl in his arms. I’m feeling again that unexpected thing of wanting them to be together. I can’t explain this feeling, but I think that I want it because some part of my intuition tells me that I’ll go back to Leana once I finish this “task”. I look down at the book…

Yes, I sent this real idol of my daughter here to help the clone to get into the mirror. I couldn’t get him to find this book, because when he was in this same room, he could only think of the piano, and he played a beautiful song indeed. However, I couldn’t let him ignore my sign to the book and when I intervened, by blowing some air against his neck, he freaked out, banged with his head and blacked out… and this house has something that I can’t control, because when someone faints in here, they will wake up somewhere else and I can’t avoid it; it must be some presence which is stronger than me…

And yes, I did everything to get him back to his own life as soon as the clone meets my beautiful daughter. I don’t know what will happen if my plan doesn’t work and I don’t want to find out, because I have this will and hope that the real idol of my Niamh will help them to be together, either because he’s thankful that she loves him so much or because he just wants to go home.


I read that final sentence as I sigh. I guess it is a little of both. Why? Well, when I first read that letter from Niamh I felt comforted to have a fan like her, even that I didn’t know where she was or that I still don’t know how that letter found its way into my luggage. Anyway, I’m also doing this and accepting it, despite of the confusion it brings to my brain, because I felt and now I know that it will take me back to Leana and to my beautiful son. I just hope that they’re still living the moment where I left them, because I wouldn’t survive if I didn’t see my son growing up or if I found out Leana in someone else’s embrace, as those visions showed me. I don’t want it because I love her to death, and if that happened, I would die with despair.

I sigh heavily, as I think of the last vision I had and as I lean my eyes down, looking again at the book, and I gasped, not believing that I was seeing a new sentence growing in the book page and I read:

Thank you.

I can’t believe my eyes: magic is real! That part of the book was empty and now more words are being left there, by a careful handwriting:

Help her, James.

Is that my name?! I’m starting to think that I’m seeing things and that soon enough I’ll wake up in my bed next to Leana and with my son in his crib next to our bed.

No, James. Help her. Please…

I read it. No more words are appearing in the page and everything around me seems serene. I think.

I know that I’m the one who’s supposed to help this fake me, a clone of myself. Who ever thinks of something like that? I know that I have to push him into the mirror the exact moment when “the Earth surface seems to touch the middle part of the Sun”. What the hell?! I didn’t realize how stupid this is until now… Why can’t it be at midnight, as every fairy tale? I clearly don’t understand, but I’m not here to question it. It has to be done because I don’t want to loose the opportunity of seeing and holding Leana once again, since this father doesn’t know what happens if they don’t get together at that time. I guess we would have to wait for the next day to try again, but it means to spend more time in this place and one more day here can make the difference in my real world… and I can’t live without her. Leana…

I must find this room again, as soon as possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think that this chapter needs a little work on, because there are a few details that must be sharpened. I just didn’t want to make you wait any longer… I know how much you’re into this story, and you sure wanna know how it will go from now on, right? I appreciate your interest, and your comments are so much love. Thanks for being a part of my personal project ‘cause this one sure is my favourite thing among my writings =D

*Green_Apple*